Chapter Forty- Stitches

Chapter Forty:  Stitches

I couldn't believe my life was becoming worse than daily soap operas with addition of drama being added every singly day.

Kim was pregnant and they had decided to keep the baby which was enormously huge responsibility for teens. Then Evan told me he couldn't be with me just because I was rich and he wasn't! Because according to him we lived in two fucking different worlds!

Who was he to decide that?!!

And now my bestfriend was dating my foe, who I'd hated most of my life because she had always tried to put me down through her dirty tricks and strategies.

Just for instance, I was in ninth grade and I had a huge crush on a guy in my class. Almost everyone knew—except the guy. Aria knew about it too. You wouldn't believe what she did. She made him her boyfriend and kissed him in front of me!

Can you imagine how it feels to see your crush being kissed by your rival—and especially when you know she's just using him to make you jealous??

How could I even see her as Justin's girlfriend?

The bell rang, pulling me out of my daze, indicating the start of the lunch. I might just skip it for two reasons; first, I didn't want to see one person who had given up on us without trying, and had simply said, it won't work.

Second, because of Justin's girlfriend who took every fill of my happiness growing up and I could say, she was partly the reason I never had a boyfriend.

I was getting jaded doing all the work alone in the gym by myself because everyone was out there having lunch.

I saw the set of black speakers placed at the far end of the gym and I smiled when something popped up in my head. Something I used to do when I was little.

I made my way toward them and pulled out my Iphone. I attached the cord with my phone and flickered the switch on. The red light turned on bringing a playful smile on my lips.

Dance. I used to do it in my room whenever I was done with my homework and had nothing to do. I'd feel lonely and sad and dancing always put a smile on my face.

I never took classes or anything, just learned from Tv or youtube. It was just something which helped me put myself in better mood.

I scrolled down my playlist and halted at,

The Stitches by Shawn Mendes.

I thought that I'd been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quite this sore
Your words cut deeper than a knife
Now I need someone to breathe me back to life

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on...

I flipped twice on my toes before stretching them out and gyrating around the whole gym like a mad dancer. I untied my ponytail, letting my hair breathe. I did a twirl on my toes, stretching my hands out as if I was trying to reach Evan's walking away figure.

I let myself feel free because there was no one to witness or judge me. I swayed my butt chuckling to myself along with the lyrics and opened my arms horizontally. I sprinted all through the gym. My heart trying to jump out of my chest. Because it hurt.

"Just like a moth drawn to a flame
Oh, you lured me in, I couldn't sense the pain
Your bitter heart cold to the touch
Now I'm gonna reap what I sow
I'm left seeing red on my own"