Explaination

The six vampires shifted uneasily in their seats. The room was silent for a long time until D.O. spoke up, "As you've probably figured out, the six of us are vampires. We live out here in The Forest because we don't want anyone wandering into us. But you did which I still don't get. Why were you in The Forest to begin with?"
Avery shifted in her seat, "I was trying to escape local authorities." She said, avoiding eye contact. "You also mentioned something about a condition. What was that?" Kai asked. Damn. I'm gonna have to explain... "Well.. It's a long story. Are you sure you want to hear it?" She asked. They all nodded. She hesitated for a moment, then began to speak, "I lost my parents when I was very young.. A pack of wolves got into my house and... Ate them.. I was the only survivor. After that I was sent to an orphanage and waited to get adopted. At around 12 I gave up hope and ran away. That's when I developed my thieving skills. I was doing very well. Until one day I accidentally robbed the house of a murdered man. When the guards arrived they saw me raiding the house and assumed that I killed the man. I didn't but they didn't care. I was chased out of the house and ran for my life. The problem was that I was grazed by an arrow that flew by me from above. It was coated in a toxin. I wasn't hit so there was not enough in my system to kill me but enough to significantly slow me down. That combined with my leg, there was no way I could've made it anywhere. That's why I headed into the woods. I knew they'd never follow me because of all the stories. And now I'm here." She finished. Sehun looked at her, "You said wolves attacked your family?" He asked seriously. She nodded, "Yes I did. Why do you ask?" He shrugged, "No reason. That just seems unusual is all. I'm sorry you went through that." He offered her a warm smile which she returned.
Kai spoke up next,
"You mentioned your leg. Are you injured?"
She shrugged,
"In a sense. One of the wolves bit my leg. They didn't break it but they did do significant damage. I can't move as fast now." She explained then yawned, "I'm sorry but I'm getting tired. I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight everyone." She said and went upstairs to her room.

Little did she know, she was going to be receiving a late night visit.