Lay

"Lay."

Avery's eyes snapped over to meet his that only held shock. It took Lay a few moments before he realized what the young girl before him had said. He slowly moved towards her and pulled her into a loving embrace. After he pulled away, Lay led her upstairs to his room and gently shut the door behind them. Once that was done he turned to her and spoke,

"Avery, I know we didn't spend much time together, but I want you to know that I do love you. I was hesitant at first. You looked so much like her I didn't know what to expect. I kept my distance to keep myself safe, but after everything with Isabel happened, the only thing I could think about was keeping you safe. I knew you could stop her but I hated putting you in harms way the way I did. I promise you, you'll never be in danger ever again. I'll never let anything happen to you, Avery. I love you."

Avery smiled adoringly at the wolf in front of her,

"I love you too, Lay. I want to stay with you and I want you to be the one to make me a wolf. You're the most important person in the world to me and I can't imagine my life without you."

Lay leaned in and kissed her sweetly, pouring all his love for her into one kiss. He pulled away gently and moved towards her neck, letting his fangs gently pierce her skin as he held her close to him. Avery felt the mark etch itself into her skin as the world faded around her. Once he had finished, Lay laid her down on his bed and sat next to her, holding her hand as he waited for her to wake up.