First night

Kris led her upstairs to the end of the hall and opened the dark, thick wooden door. Avery gasped.
His room had dark blue walls with a large, king sized bed jutting out from the far wall, with a burgundy canopy hanging over it. Behind the bed was a large, stained glass window with a curved top. Next to the bed, he had two large glass doors, similar to the ones in her room, that led to a balcony that overlooked The Forest. At the base of the bed was a steamer trunk that looked like it's been in his possession for a very long time.
The left wall had a large wardrobe with a small mirror on the left door. Next to it was a large painting of wolves howling at the moon. The right wall had bookshelves built in that were filled with all of the books he had collected.
Avery stood in awe at Kris' room. Until she realized something:
1 bed
2 people
She turned to Kris, who had been watching her intently, and asked where she would sleep,
"In my bed. Where else?"
"But where will you sleep?"
Kris shrugged,
"With you."
"Say what?" Avery blinked.
"I'll sleep in the bed with you."
Avery looked slightly alarmed, then Kris chuckled,
"I'm joking. I'll sleep on the floor. You're freaked out enough as it is. And my goal is not to make you uncomfortable here."
"I'm not freaked out." Avery stated flatly. Kris gave her a confused look,
"You're not?"
"No. Not really. I'm tired though." She said, sitting down on the bed. Kris nodded,
"I'd imagine so. You look exhausted." He sat down on the bed next to her as she got into bed,
"Kris?"
He looked at her,
"Yeah?"
"You said making me uncomfortable wasn't your goal. So what is your goal?"
He smiled,
"I'll tell you tomorrow. For now try and sleep."
"Alright. Goodnight Kris."
"Goodnight Avery."

~~~~~in dreamland~~~~
Blood.
Blood everywhere.
Avery raced through the small town, avoiding the wolves and ignoring the screams as she made her way towards her house. When she got there she saw two wolves with dark brown coats break the door down and run in.
When she entered the house she saw the larger wolf lunge at her father, sinking it's sharp teeth into his arm and sending him tumbling to the floor. "Avery!!"
She turned to see her mother holding her younger brothers limp body in her arms, crying as she saw the smaller black wolf circling her,
"Mother!"
Avery started towards her, but one of the townspeople had followed her,
"Avery no!" He grabbed her and threw her into a closet and locked it,
"Stay quiet." He instructed, then went to help her mother and father.
A few minutes later, everything went quiet. The handle started to jiggle and was ripped off, allowing the door to slowly open.
Avery looked out at the room and fell to her knees.
Everyone was dead. She looked at the two wolves in front of her. She felt stray tears slide down her face as she looked at them. The larger, silver wolf approached her, causing her to flinch and move her leg closer to her. She moved too quickly, though, and the wolf thought she meant to kick it and, as a result, bit her leg.
She cried out in pain which startled the wolves, making them run off into the hills.
"Avery!"
"Avery!"
"Avery!"
Her eyes snapped open and met Kris', "Are you okay? You kept tossing and turning and... And you're crying.." He trailed off, swiping a stray tear from her face.
"I-I just had a nightmare. About the night my family died 10 years ago.... It's okay.." She trailed off, pulling her knees close to her and hugging them.
Kris didn't seem convinced of that and got into the bed with her,
"It's alright. You don't have to say anymore." He said as he saw more silent tears slip down her face.
"Rest now. You're safe." He said as she drifted off to sleep again.
Once she was just about to fall asleep, he laid down next to her and whispered something into her ear,
"I'm so sorry, Avery Tyler.."