Chapter 4

Natalia POV

I woke up to the feeling of someone touching my lips. I opened my eyes and was met with big brown ones. Miya was standing on the ground below the bed. She was on her tippy toes trying to put her finger in my mouth.

I laughed at her watching her tempting to keep her balance.

I pretended to bite her finger. She reeled her hand back and started giggling.

"Mommy stwap" she said while holding her finger close to her chest.

"Good morning baby girl."

She held out her arms waiting for me to pick her up. I scooped her up from the ground sitting her on my side. I got up from my comfy bed standing up. I turned around looking at my clock. I had about an hour to get ready.

I walked to my closet picking out an outfit for the first day on the job. I picked a black dress that came up to my knees, and matching black heels. Still holding Miya, I sat her down on the ground so I could put my clothes on.

She ran out the bedroom screaming with her little legs trailing behind. I put on my dress, and shoes and headed to the bathroom. I got my straightener from out the cabinet and plugged it up. I began to separate pieces of my hair and straightening them.

After I was done with the last strand I unplugged the straightener and put it back. I usually don't wear makeup but I decided to for today. I applied liquid eyeliner on my top lid and bottom. I then applied mascara to my eyelashes.

I reached for my purse in my closet. When I heard my apartment door unlock. I ran outside of my bedroom quickly. Knowing that Miya was in the living room. I looked around and breathed a sigh of relief. It was Jane my babysitter.

"Hey Natalia!" She waved excitedly at me.

"Hey Jane, thanks for coming early, I have to get going to work."

"No, problem I love watching Miya."

Speaking of Miya, she came running out of nowhere towards Jane. I was glad that I had Jane as a babysitter. She was someone that I can really trust with Miya. She was always someone that I could count on when it came to my baby girl.

I mean she started babysitting Miya since she was born. She was only 17 at the time. She's been with us for 3 years now and I honestly considered her family.

"Hi Miya!" Jane said hugging her.

"Okay, I got to get going. But Jane if you need anything give me a call okay?"

I bent down to Miya and gave her a kiss goodbye. I stood up and gave Jane a hug

"Thanks again Jane, bye!"

I walked out of the door heading to my car. I arrived at National Elect Industries fast. The traffic wasn't that bad and the roads were clear. Once I got into the building I stepped in the elevator hitting the 15th floor. Once the elevator door opened I immediately stepped out.

The work space was a little calmer then last time I seen it. So, I walked to the secretary desk spotting Tracey.

"Hi, Natalia thank you for being on time. It's still pretty early so I'm going to show you around the building, and rooms you need to know about."

"Okay."

She then guided me to the elevator going back down.

***

15 minutes later...

"Okay, so now that I finished the tour any questions?" She asked.

There was so much to take in. She showed me everything that was in the building. She also explained each floor and why they were there.