Chapter 19

Natalia POV

It was a Monday.

I was running through the lobby. Almost breaking my heels, and my purse kept on falling off my shoulders because of the movement.

My hair wasn't brushed, I wasn't wearing any make up. My clothes were everywhere and not tucked in and neat, or even ironed for that matter.

And you may ask why I look like this? I was late, really late... I mean like almost 3 hours late.

I had so many missed calls from Tracey. I also had an email from Mr. Beacon that already looked not so good in just the first sentence, which stopped me from reading any further.

I finally got to the elevator and continuously pushed the button.

However, It wouldn't close at all. It was like I was pressing a dead button which makes sense because I technically was.

 A man came in the elevator a little after. I was going to tell him dont even bother using the elevator, because it didnt work. However, my eyes wandered to his shirt and it read maintenance. Oh no... please don't tell me.

"I'm sorry Miss but the elevator is out of order you're going to have to take the stairs. It's to the right at the end of the hallway." He said pointing.

I huffed and said a quick thank you. I ran at the end of the hallway turning to the right opening a door just like he said.

He was right, there was a flight of stairs all the way up to the 15th floor. It was at least a couple of thousands of steps.

I mean it would at least take 20 minutes for me to get up there. Because I wasn't in shape.

I started off running on the stairs, thinking I can just blast off. Unfortunately, by the time I got to the 14th floor I was literally dragging my feet.

I finally got to the 15th floor and opened the door. I looked up and I saw many eyes staring at me.

It was the other side of the work space that I've never seen. I think it was the back side.

I smiled shyly and ran towards the front desk. Tracey spotted me, I stopped and asked her the question, and phrase that I was thinking of all day.

"How bad is it?"

She took a deep sigh and gave me a sad smile.

"Bad, good luck Natalia."

I groaned in frustration walking to his doors. I knocked on them waiting for him to say something.

I didn't hear an answer. So, I just walked in. I saw him sitting at his desk looking down.

I stepped further into his office. I didn't know if he knew I was even standing here. He just kept staring into space.

I was so sweaty; and my hair was probably frizzy because of the heat. I just looked bad. Just like this day was going.

I was going to sit down into the seat like I always did when I came into his office.

"Don't even think about taking a seat." He stood up behind his desk and looked at me with fierce eyes.

He had his hands in his pockets and he was clenching his jaw. He was really mad.

It worse than any other time I seen him when he was angry or irritated with me. He just stared at me not saying anything at first.

"I don't know how many times I tell you that I take this job very seriously. That I do not tolerate slacking, laziness and most of all lateness!"

He boomed in his office.

"I'm sorry Sir-"

"Save it, I don't want to hear your excuses. I don't know if anything has comprehended through your mind since you been here. If you cant follow just little simple instructions maybe you should just leave. You're wasting my time being here and you're-"

"No, you stop right there! You know what I quit!"

"You what!?"  He yelled

"You heard me I quit!" I yelled back.

"You can't quit, I tell you when you leave this Job. I-"

"You don't tell me anything! I have actually learned something here in such a short period of time. That you are the most rude, arrogant, selfish, impatient, and ignorant person that I've ever met. I tried... I really did but I refuse to accept or tolerate you being disrespectful towards me. So yes, I quit, and here's your work for the weekend."

I harshly threw the folder on his desk and walked out. I walked down at the end of the hallway, the whole time I heard him scream my name.

Natalia!

I Kept on walking

Natalia!

Still walking

"Natalia, you better turn around right now!"

I finally turned around to see what he wanted. By this time, we were in the workspace and everyone got out of their cubicles to look at the scene.

At this point I didn't care. We were both fired up, looking at each other. I was waiting for him to talk.

"Now you listen here, and you listen good. You will never, ever find a better job than this! Please who will even hire you? I was desperate, that's the only reason why you got this job. I forbid you to go because you wanted to. If youre leaving, it will be under my authority, my request! He sneered.

Wow well that was kind of low. But what else did I expect from him? I mean the man wouldnt even let me leave because I wanted to, he will only allow me to leave if he fired me, not because I had the choice to do so.

After he was done yelling, I looked at him giving him the biggest smile that I could plant on my face right now considering the situation that I was in now.

"Watch me."

I turned around and entered the elevator. Before the elevator doors closed I said one more thing.

"Have a good day Mr. Beacon."

He gave me a shocked looked, before the doors closed. I then forgot that the elevator was out of order.

I pushed the button hoping it would move, and luckily it did. It would be horrible if I had to take the stairs again.

I entered the lobby and walked to my car. I put the key into the ignition and drove towards home.

My mind was blank, I couldn't even get a grasp of what just happened.

I finally pulled into the parking lot to my apartment. I turned off the car and tilt my head back on the head of the seat and sighed.

I just quit my job. A job that paid good, and the work that was easy and manageable.

And I just left, just like that. I can't believe I let him get to me, to drive me to do that.

It was my decision, but he didn't help to rethink that choice. What was I going to do?

I got a check on Friday which paid the rent, and other things.

I'm most likely going to get another one as well. However, that will only last so long. I just needed to find another job.

This is what I feared. To fail myself and most of all, to fail my child.