Chapter 6

Natalia POV

I stepped out of the elevator entering the 15th floor.  It was my second day on the job. The first thing I saw was Tracey on the phone. I decided to go up to her and say Hello. I mean I had at least 10 minutes to spare before I needed to be in my office.

"Good Morning, Tracey!" I beamed.

"Good Morning Natalia, how are you?"

"I'm good, and you?" I asked in return.

"Great, how was it yesterday being your first day and all?"

"It was pretty good. I mean the work and the job itself isn't the problem. It's just Mr. Beacon."

"Yeah, don't worry he acts like that towards everyone."

"Really?" I responded astonished.

"Pretty much, it’s very rare for him to act any different."

"Is there any reason why he's like that?" I asked

"Nope, everyone just got used it."

"Oh, okay well I have to go to the break room. See you later Tracey!" I said.

"See you around Natalia."

I entered the break room making his coffee. I then headed towards his office. I opened the doors, and sat his coffee down on his desk.

I walked to my office sitting down in my chair. Waiting for… I really didn't know what I was waiting for exactly.  I didn't understand how he could give me orders with-

"Riiiinnnnggg, rrrrriiiiinnngg"

My thoughts were interrupted by a phone ringing beside me on my desk. I didn't even recognize it until now when it rung for the third time I picked it up and finally answered it.

"Hello?"

"Miss. Wake I need you to set up an interview this Friday with Mr. Ford. Schedule, it around noon. His number should be in the computer system."

"Yes, Sir."

I was about to say something else, but he hung up the phone before I could. I called Mr. Ford and he agreed to set up the meeting on Friday. I looked beside my desk and I noticed a drop off box. There was a tan folder in it. I picked it up and opened it up.

There were random names listed on a paper. I was a little confused of what I needed to do. Until I looked at the corner of the paper and saw a note.

"These are the names of interns that are currently enrolled. I want you to see their works, and how they progressed at National Elect Industries. Document each one of their accomplishments and sales. I want it by the end of the day on my desk.”

There were at least 200 names on the list. It would take a long time for me to finish. So, I started on the task at hand right away.

After a while of working, I took a break from the computer and sat back in my chair. I looked up at the clock. It was about 12:30. It was about that time for lunch.

I was planning on going somewhere quick near the building. I grabbed my purse from the ground heading to the door. I opened it and saw Tracey standing there smiling at me with her white teeth.

"Hey, Natalia I was wondering if you wanted to join me for lunch?"

"Mmmh, I don't know I was just planning on going somewhere quick." I responded

"I was actually going to the one right here in the building.”

"There's a restaurant in the building?” I asked surprise.

“Well, not exactly. It's just a little Café, they serve good food, and the best coffee.”

"Yeah sure, that sounds good." I shrugged

"Great!"

We walked to the elevator pressing the 1st floor. We entered the lobby. Instead of going outside We turned a left and walked down a little.

There stood a not so little Café, it was pretty big. We entered and sat at a table. It looked nice and classy. I mean everything was Mocha brown. Instead of the black leather chairs, and bright lamps that hung at every table.

When you looked up in front of the building there was a big sign spelled Café in red cursive letters. Sitting on the tables were menus. I looked at the menu looking at the different choices of what to eat. I finally settled on a Turkey Sandwich with fries on the side.

Tracey decided on a salad with raspberry dressing. She stood up from the table walking to the counter and ordered our food. She sat back down with a number in her hand. I didn't know if you paid before or after so I asked her.

"You pay at the counter." She responded

"You should have told me, I would have paid for my lunch. I hope you-"

"Don't worry Natalia it's on the house." She responded shaking her head

"Are you sure?" I asked her to make sure that it was really okay.

"Yeah."

"Thanks" I said giving her a small smile.

After a while our number was called to get our food. I got up this time to go to the counter and receive the food. I said thanks to the workers and headed back to our table. We began eating our food and making conversation.

"So, Natalia how did you end up here at National Elect Industries?" She looked up at me asking.

"Well I was working at Rain Enterprises, until it went under. Which left me without a job. So, I went searching for a job and found this one and here I am." I laughed a little.

"Do you think that this job is the best fit for you?"

"Yeah, I mean I need it to support myself and my daughter."

"You have a daughter!?" She perked up and stopped eating at that confession.

I laughed at her reaction but responded to her question.

"Yeah, I have a 3-year-old little girl named Miya."

"Wow, I would have never thought that."

"Why?"

“I mean you look so young, and your body doesn't even look like you had a child. I mean not saying that's bad. You know I just- “

"It's fine Tracey, I know you don't mean any harm."

"Yeah, sorry" She chuckled nervously

I could understand where she came from I was only 24... Which you can say is pretty young. I cut the awkward silence by asking her questions.

"So, what about you Tracey, do you like working here?"

"Yeah, I like it a lot the pay is good, the people are great. Sometimes it gets stressful when it gets busy, but what job doesn't you know?”

I nodded in agreement.

"Oh, wow it's 1:00 o'clock we better get going." She said standing up from the table.

She was right, I better get up there and finish my task. We walked to the elevator heading to our floor.