Chapter 38

Asher POV

"Oooooh ahhh ohhh oooooh" Tracey was singing terribly in the microphone.

It was karaoke night at the bar, and it just so happened that Tracey was getting border line drunk.

And she was making a fool of herself. It was really weird to see my secretary acting like this let a lone Tracey acting like this.

However, I was just too lazy, and in tuned within my thoughts to even care.

I took a sip of my drink, and then sat it back on the table. I heard a giggle right beside me.

Natalia was smiling at Tracey's horrible attempt to sing. While she was laughing a piece of hair fell from her ear onto her face.

Her milky brown eyes sparkled with happiness, she was so beautiful. There wasn’t a doubt that came to my mind when it came to her and beauty.

I wasn't lying when I said that men are in awe of her. A few times when me and Natalia were together. Men would always stare at her.

Of course, I will give them dirty looks before they even came and try to speak to her.

After she was sobering up from laughing she looked my way. Her mouth dropped into a frown and then she rolled her eyes.

She actually has been doing that a lot tonight. I don't blame her though. I snapped at her in the car.

I was just mad with my parents, and other things were running through my mind.

And I just took it out on her. And it didn't feel right. I could be rude and not have a care in the world for anyone.

But with Natalia it was different. I was beginning to feel something for her. Which led me to the actions of kissing her on the cheek.

That will never happen again. It can't happen again. I'm not the relationship type of guy.

The last one I was in was hell, and that turned me off from taking anything seriously. And besides Natalia will be out of my house in a few months and everything will be back too normal.

I won't feel anything or do anything. It's not like I'm in love with her. It's just a phase, not even a phase.

It's just.... something.

With a few scattered claps around the audience. Tracey came off the stage with Jason trying to hold her up straight, and stop her from falling.

She came straight up to Natalia touching her hair and face.

"Oh, your soooooo beautif-ful Natalia!!" She slurred her words.

"Thank you, Tracey." Natalia said stiffing a giggle.

"You know ever guy would die to have you." Asher, Jason, Ray everyone I tell you, everyone!" She said sticking her hands up in the air in such a dramatic way. Natalia looked down laughing nervously.

"Huh Jason? You'll pick her over me any day." Tracey was pouting her lip, looking a little upset.

"Come on Tracey it's time to go." Jason said pushing her towards the door out the bar.

Natalia and I both stood up knowing it was time to go. We walked and got in my car silently.

I was looking straight ahead driving. But It was so quiet that I took a quick peek at Natalia.

She was looking at the sky breathing in the air. She looked like she was deep in thought. I wonder what was in that pretty head- I mean head of hers.