Chapter 41

Natalia POV

It has been months...

Months since the trip to Hawaii. And it has not been easy getting into the flow of things... actually far from that.

It has been the worst, with Miya, work, and most of all Asher. He has been so rude to me more than usual.

He treats me like I'm nothing. He barely talks to me at work, let alone at the house.

I don't know how many heated arguments we got in. I don't how many times I threatened that I'll leave the house taking Miya. I don't know how many times I tried to come up with solutions for us to get along.

But, I'm honestly done with it. It is coming to the point where I can't and won't do anything about it.

I was currently setting up an appointment for him during the week. He also had a big trip in New York in a month or so.

So, I was planning the arrangements for him through the phone, which was more complicated then it seemed. After this phone call, I was basically done for the day.

That's how it has been for weeks. Asher will assign me tasks that literally only take a few hours.

And then I'll have nothing to do for the next 7 hours. So, he just sends me home. I still get paid the same which is great, but it' still odd.

I just feel like I'm not doing my job, and most off all I think he sends me home early so he doesn't have to see me.

After I hung up the phone I got up, opened my office door heading to Asher's.

I knocked on the door and I heard a gruff voice say come in. Once I opened the door. I held my breath.

Stacey was sitting on his desk, facing him. He sat on the chair right next to her facing her as well.

He was already looking up at me, but she turned around as well when she realized that everything she was saying was not registering through his mind.

She looked so good, I mean she had a slick black dress with black heels to match. Her lips were covered with red lipstick, and her hair was curled and looked full.

She obviously gave me a dirty look, but I didn't even say anything I just looked at her dumb founded. I think I was staring for a long time because I heard a voice yell my name.

"Natalia!"

I snapped my head towards him, and then looked down quickly swallowing a lump in my throat before I could speak.

"Sorry sir, I was wondering if there was anything else you needed?"

I was expecting an answer, but there was silence. I was still looking down because I couldn't even look up. I waited another minute so he could just say something then I could leave.

When I heard Stacey mumbling words to him if he was going to respond. I knew he heard me. So, I finally looked up.

I met his piercing eyes, that gave me shivers down my spine. We held gaze for a long time, till I finally caught onto what was happening.

He looked at me with challenging eyes. He knew that this bothered me, and the sight of them made me uncomfortable and jealous...

He wanted to see what I was going to do. If I was going to coward away or do something.

I looked at Stacey beside him and saw her do an evil grin. I looked back at him and waited for an answer.

What was he even doing with her. Last time they were in contact he beat up her father, and left her at the ball without telling her that he was leaving with me.