Chapter 7

Natalia POV

"Bye, Natalia thanks for joining me for lunch."

"Yeah, anytime." I smiled at her

We parted our ways. She went back to her desk. While I headed to my office. I was walking down the hallway about to open my door until I heard Mr. Beacons voice.

I turned around looking at him, but once I did I was met with blue eyes full of fury. He walked outside of his door. He took a few angry steps towards me and spoke.

"Where were you Miss. Wake?!" He yelled

"Sir, I was just getting lunch."

"I called your phone in your office, and you didn't pick up. You need to take this job seriously!"

His veins were popping out of neck, and his face was slightly red. well he was mad.

"Well, excuse me I didn't know that being hungry was a crime." I stated angrily.

"I can't afford people slacking off, got it?" he barked at me

I nodded my head, not wanting to say anything. I knew that If I did I would say something disrespectful. However, he pushed my patience once again.

"Last time I checked you had a mouth and a tongue. I suggest you use it talking to me!"

He quirked an eyebrow waiting for a verbal response from me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath calming myself down. I opened my eyes meeting his.

"Yes, Sir I got it" I responded emphasizing the 'got it part'

He must have realized the snarky remark because he gave me a nasty look. I crossed my arms challenging him.

"Will that be all Sir?" I asked annoyed

"Next time let me know about your whereabouts Miss Wake including lunch. Now that will be all."

He said his final words and walked away trailing in his office and closing the door.

Who gets mad about another person going to lunch. I mean I wasn't going to starve to death. Well maybe that's too dramatic, but still. He blew a little thing out of proportion. Saying that I was slacking off on my work. More than anything I have to put in more work dealing with him.

Oh, and now I must call him each time I go to lunch? Sooner or later he's going to say something about how that will be annoying. It's ridiculous, he's ridiculous.

When I finally opened my door to my office. I sat at my desk and continued with the work. I was halfway through it, until my hands started cramping up. I also needed to use the restroom. So, I took a break and looked for a bathroom.

I had to walk all the way into the workspace to find a restroom. I walked into the ladies room, and it was nice. There were white leather sofas and chairs, and flowers at every sink. There were glassy mirrors all around, and to top it off it smelled like lavender.

I went into the stall and did my business. I walked out of the bathroom walking up to the sink washing my hands. A girl came up beside me washing hers as well. She had blonde hair, and blue eyes.

The one thing that really stood out to me though was her dark red lipstick. It was a little too much... I continued to wash my hands until I heard her speak to me.

"Aren't you the new personal assistant for Mr. Beacon?" She asked curiously

"Yes, I am"

She looked at me up and down with a look of disgust.

"Oh" She said flatly

I didn't know what to make of her tone or her look. So, I just ignored it and dried my hands off. I was going to exit the bathroom until she spoke up again.

"Mmmh, I'm surprised he picked you." She said with an evil glint in her eye.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked angrily

She scoffed. "Are you serious? I mean look at you, I don't know what he was thinking. He should have picked someone like m-"

"Who do you think you are! I don't even know you, obviously Mr. Beacon picked me for a reason! And what pick someone like you? Maybe if you didn't cake you face with makeup, and your lips weren't smeared with red lipstick. You would have probably been considered for the job." I cut her off with my words.

Her mouth was widened in shock. Her blue eyes following the same pursuit. She was utterly speechless.

I smirked at her and walked out of the bathroom. Who does she think she is!? I don't even know the women. Her and Mr. Beacon act similar. Wow, what a match made in heaven I thought to myself.

I brushed it off my shoulder, not letting it get to me.

I went back to my office and finished. After I was done I printed the information out, and collected the papers.

I grabbed my belongings and headed out the door. Before I exited the hallway, I went to Mr. Beacons office dropping off the papers.

I opened his door, expecting to see him. However, he wasn't there. I dropped the papers on his desk and walked out.

I went into the elevator. I was waiting till the lobby was in my view. My phone beeped notifying me that I had a message.

I reached into my purse grabbing my phone. I unlocked it with my password, and I saw I had an email. I opened it up and it was surprisingly from Mr. Beacon.

Miss. Wake,

"I need you to arrive at 7:00 rather than 8:00 tomorrow. We need to discuss important meetings and interviews further in the week. Don't be late. After you turn in the work for today on my desk, you're dismissed."

I probably should have asked to leave before I stepped into the elevator. I made a mental note of that. I responded with a simple Yes, Sir.

I closed my phone putting it back into my purse and walked to my car. I headed straight home. I arrived at my apartment and was greeted with Jane rushing out the door.

"Sorry, Natalia I have to rush home, I'll be back tomorrow morning bye!"

"Bye Jane!" I yelled so she could hear me

I went inside my apartment and I heard my little Miya.

"Mommy, Mommy you're here!" She said.

She ran up to me with her little legs. I scooped her up in my arms.

"I missed you mommy." She stared up at me with her gleaming eyes.

"I missed you too baby girl!"

She wrapped her arms around my neck giving me hug.

"Were you a good girl for Jane?

"Yeah"

Her voice was muffled because she had her head buried in my neck. She always did this when she told a fib. So, I pulled her back so I could look at her face and ask her again?

"Tell me the truth Miya were you a good girl?"

She didn't respond, she just frowned and a wrapped her arms around me again hiding her face. I sighed giving up knowing I wasn't going to get the truth. No wonder why Jane was probably rushing out of here I thought.

"Okay, come on baby girl lets give you a bath"

I felt her nod her head under my hair.