Chapter 34

Asher POV

When I told her the news she looked shocked?

"Hawaii what?"

"Yup" I said popping the P.

"Well what's in Hawaii?" She asked scrunching her eyebrows.

"There's beaches, palm trees, coconut-"

"Asher, you know what I mean!" She said rolling her eyes.

"No, I actually don’t." I said trying to hide my smile.

She breathed a sigh of annoyance and looked at me with a flat look.

I was staring at her irritating face. Man, I can never get tired of bickering with her.

"I have another company out there. I just got it running about a year ago. So, I need to fly out there personally, to see how it's running, and what we can improve on as a new company branch." I said moving papers around the table.

She looked through the papers of my company in Hawaii. Her eyes were getting wide from the pictures and all the information.

"You have another company?" How many branches of companies do you need?" She asked while looking back and forth between the papers and me.

"As much as I want." I said shrugging.

She nodded her head looking down. I looked beside me and saw Miya sipping on her drink looking around the place with her innocent eyes.

"So, when are we leaving?" She asked looking up at me with her brown eyes.

"3 days." I said.

"How long would we be gone?"

"About a week."

Her eyes went wide, then she turned her eyes towards Miya. She was going to open her mouth but I cut her off before she could say anything.

"Jane is going to baby sit Miya while we're gone. I paid her a head of time. I already got it taken care of." I said putting my plate to the side.

"You didn't have to do that Asher. I-" she rushed out.

"But I did." I said firmly.

"Is it just going to be you and me or...?" She drawled not staring at me when she said it.

"Um, no Jason is coming so is Tracey" I said staring at her waiting for her to meet my eyes.

"Tracey?" She asked quickly looking up.

I nodded in response not even speaking. She looked up meeting my gaze.

However, the sound of coughing and spitting up interrupted our gaze.

"Baby girl you okay?" Natalia asked reaching over the table to Miya.

She finally picked her up patting her on the back. Miya finally stopped coughing but her eyes still red from the strain on her throat.

I teared my eyes at the scene when I heard my phone go off.

Jason: Hey where are you man, you're supposed to be here 20 minutes ago.

I totally forgot that I had a meeting today. I guess I must have lost the time.

Me: I'm on my way.

After I was finished telling Natalia the news and eating we all walked out together.

Natalia walked to her car opening the back door and putting Miya in her car seat.