Chapter 17

Natalia POV

I woke up to someone shuffling under me. I opened my eyes looking down.

I watched Miya for about 5 minutes, tossing, and turning way too much on the bed.

She would snore and then stop for 10 seconds and then start all over again.

It would’ve been real cute, but she kept on waking me up. I sighed in annoyance and looked over at my clock on my dresser.

I was surprised of the time, it was so late. Well compared to what time I wake up every morning.

It was about 12 o'clock and I needed to get up.

I put my hand on Miya’s arm shaking her a little to get her up as well.

"Come on baby girl it's time to wake up"

She looked over at me crying and whining. She also gave me a frown with her little lips.

"No, donnnnttt!!!" She whined one more time before turning over on the other side so she didn't have to be bothered.

Okay grumpy....

I don't blame her though. I had to wake her up in the middle of the night a few times to give her medicine.

So, I was going to let her sleep in. she's probably still tired, and drained from the cold.

I pulled the covers from my body and got up. I walked to the kitchen and started making breakfast for myself.

I opened the fridge and barely saw nothing. Man, I needed to go grocery shopping.

Luckily, I had bacon and eggs left. I pulled them out the fridge and onto the counter.

I then got a pan from under the cabinet and put it on 8.

I opened the packet of bacon and slapped 2 pieces on the pan for myself.
I then scrambled 3 eggs in a bowl.

I flipped the bacon making sure it didn't get to dark. After a while, the bacon seemed cooked all the way. So, I took it off and put it on a plate.

I then put butter in the pan and dumped the eggs in. I scrambled them in the hot skillet while adding salt and pepper.

After they were scrambled I put them on the plate also and put the pan in the sink.

I sat down and started eating. After I was done I put the plate in the sink and decided to knock out the dishes.

After I was done I was done with the dishes I turned around and looked at my whole apartment. It looked kind of filthy....

I mean blankets were all over. Toys were scattered around the floor. Movies were on the tables. I mean the kitchen needed a good cleaning as well.

And I bet Miya didn't clean her room. I always tell her too, but most of time anything I say about cleaning or picking up stuff to her she just chooses to ignore it. So, I decided to clean for a little.

2 hours later...

I was finally done. I cleaned every inch of this place. From the kitchen, all the way to the dirty carpet on the floor.

I placed the rag into the bucket that was full of dirty water. I went to the sink and dumped it in there. I then placed the bucket and rag under the cabinets with the other cleaning supplies.

I put my hands on the counter top, taking a deep breath. Man, that was hard work.

While I was taking a breather, I heard my phone beep beside me. I forgot that it was even there.

I picked it up from the counter and put my passcode in. Right away a notification popped up on the screen notifying me that I had an email from Asher.

These are the papers and work I need you to do over the weekend. Everything is self-explanatory. However, email me if you have questions. But like I said it shouldn't be that hard to grasp.”

Wow, leave it to him to be sarcastic and rude through an email. I scrolled down and looked through the work that he sent me.

Luckily it was pretty easy. Good thing I don't have to email him back. I was going to start on it later.

However right now I really needed a shower. So, I walked to the bathroom stripping off my cleaning clothes and jumped in.

After I was done washing up. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I opened up the bathroom door turning off the light.

I walked to my bedroom opening the door. I saw Miya sitting up rubbing her eyes.

I walked to the bed, picking her up in my arms.

"Are you feeling better baby girl?"

"Yeah" She smiled

"Okay good" I said feeling her head just to make sure.

I mean she looked a lot better. She really wasn't coughing or sniffing that much anymore.

Her temperature went down also, but she still looked like she was recovering from a cold.

"Pick out a pair of clothes and clean your room. We’re going to go somewhere okay?"

I guess she didn't like the part where I said she needed to clean her room because she kicked her legs and started throwing a fit.

"No, donnt want toooo" She said while crying and dragging her words out

"You need to pick up your covers and toys off the floor NOW." I said in a stern voice.

I put her down and looked at her with a firm look. She crossed her arms in front of her chest challenging me.

"Miya stop now, go clean your room or get a spanking which one?"

She finally dropped her hands and ran out of the room crying and ran into her bedroom.

Man, sometimes she was a handful. I got to put her in her place, I feel like all the time. I do not need a disrespectful child.

I opened my dresser and picked out matching black underwear and bra.

I then decided on a white pair of shorts and a black shirt.

I then picked out some black socks with black shoes. I left my hair out curly and wet.

I didn't feel like putting any make up on so I just left my face bare. Once I was done getting ready I walked out of the bedroom grabbing my purse.

I walked towards Miya’s door opening it. She listened to me, she cleaned her room and picked out an outfit.

It was a pink shirt, jeans shorts, and pink shoes to match. Wow just like her mom knowing style I'm so proud.

"Thank you, baby girl, for listening to me. I'm sorry for yelling at you but you have to be a good girl for Mommy alright?"

She nodded her head looking down. I kneeled to her level and kissed her forehead.

"Come on let's get you dressed."

"Okay."

I lifted her pajamas from her body replacing it with her new clothes. I then carried her to the bathroom doing her hair.

I put her hair into two pigtails with pink hair ties. After I was done with her hair, I put all the products away into the cabinet. I grabbed her hand and walked her out of the bathroom towards the front door.

"For being a good girl, and listening were going to get Ice Cream!"

She beamed with a smile, and her eyes sparkled with delight.

"YAY!!!" She screamed really loud while jumping up and down.

It was so loud that I covered my ear with my free hand.

"Okay well don't scream Mamas ear off huh?"

She didn't even pay attention, she just dragged me by my hand towards the door. I guess we're walking.

It was only down the street anyway. I closed the door behind me, and we continued down the stairs heading to the ice cream shop.