Chapter 18

Natalia POV

I was stumbling over the sidewalk, and Miya was literally running to the ice cream shop while dragging my whole body just by her hand.

She was stronger than she looked. I lost count of how many times I tripped coming up here.

We finally stopped in front of the shop and went in. There was a line of people, but not that much.

Miya ran up to the counter looking through the glass at all the flavors. Her eyes were so big in amazement.

She took ice cream so seriously. She started pointing at every one naming them off.

She was like a kid in a candy store. However, for her she was like the...

Kid in the ice cream shop.

We were finally up next in line. A girl in her teens came up smiling ready to take our order.

"Hi, what can I get you guys?" She asked.

"Hi, can you get us 1 scoop of vanilla on a cone and the same on another cone but make it strawberry with sprinkles."

She scooped the ice cream onto the cones and walked over to the register.

"Will that be all for today?"

"Yeah"

"Alright that will be $5.67"

I handed her the exact change for the ice cream cones.

"Okay here goes your Ice Cream, and you guys have a good day"

"Thanks, you too"

I was gathering my purse off the counter when I heard an annoying screeching voice from behind me.

"No, babe I want a fat free one, you know I'm trying to watch my weight!" The woman whined.

It sounded so familiar, so I turned around and tried to search who the voice belonged to.

Once I caught a glimpse of her face I remembered her almost immediately. It was the girl that insulted me in the bathroom that one time about me being a personal assistant to Mr. Beacon

And right beside her, the man himself stood. Her arm was hooked into his, and she was all over him.

"Stacey, like I said they don't have fat free ice cream!"

Mhmm... So that was her name typical.

He rubbed his hands over his face in frustration. He pulled his arm out from hers and walked off to sit at a nearby table.

He had on a blue button shirt with blue jeans and black shoes. It was kind of weird seeing him dress down.

I was so use to him wearing suits.

She frowned at his behavior, but she kept on looking through the options.

I decided to hurry up, and leave. I really didn't want to talk or be seen by anyone. I grabbed Miya's hand quickly and went towards the door not looking back.

I was almost out the door until Miya wanted to turn around and scream...

"Ashwer!!"

I turned around with Miya looking in his direction. He looked up at the sound of his name.

He had a look of shock in his eyes when he saw Miya and me. I thought he was going to ignore her for some reason.

However, he stood from his seat and walked towards us and bent down to look at Miya.