Chapter 39

Asher POV

I looked at my reflection through the mirror, putting on my suit.

I was still tired from last night. Natalia and I stayed up drinking and talking at the bar till the sun came up.

She was hammered by 4:00 and I knew I needed to get her to her room. So, I walked her there and tucked her into bed.

After I knew she was warm and safe I went into my room earlier this morning.

Safe

That word popped up in my mind constantly since Natalia brought it up. I realized yesterday that I want to keep Natalia safe, and Miya as well.

I feel something for Natalia, and I don't want to. I mean I shouldn't want too.

It's just going to end badly. I know it will, and the last thing I need is someone to get close too.

I don't do that. And I won't.

I mean I keep telling myself that.

I grabbed my briefcase from the chair, and walked out the door. It was 7:00 and I had my last meeting here for the company this morning with Jason joining me.

So, I was basically running on 3 hours. But, I'm used to the hours so it wasn't too bad.

Usually Natalia was coming to these meetings, but she needed to get her sleep. She was mostly likely going to have a hangover.

I also didn't want my personal assistant showing up to meetings with a hangover. Like I said she represents me as well.

I stepped into the elevator, and pressed the 1st floor. Once it hit the floor the elevators doors opened and I stepped out.

I was going to meet Jason outside. Where my limo would be, but before I exited the hotel. I took a glance to my right at the breakfast bar that they had set up.

I glanced around at the tables when I spotted two familiar faces. Tracey and Jason were sitting at the table engaging in a serious and heated conversation.

I stepped back a little so neither of them would spot me. It was weird to see them. To think of it, they were always having secret conversations.

I was still staring when I heard an all familiar voice talking. I turned and saw Natalia laughing and talking with a man up front on the desk.

She was wearing her pajamas still, and her hair was kind of wild. They were still talking, when all of sudden she busted out laughing to something he said I’m guessing.

Anger coursed through my veins. I was-

"Hey dude, you okay?" Jason asked form the side of me interrupting my thoughts.

I turned to him, not seeing Tracey anymore. I blinked a few times nodding my head slowly.

"Yeah, I'm good, just give me a second."

"Yeah, sure man I'll just be waiting in the limo." He responded.

I nodded my head and turned and walked towards Natalia. I stood behind her looking at the guy.

He looked up in my direction with his eyes widening a little bit. This caused Natalia to stop laughing and turn around.

"Hello Sir, can I help you w-"

"No, I don't need help with anything!" I snapped at him.

He just stared at me with fearful eyes. I beckoned my head for him to leave. After I saw him disappear to the other side of the desk.

I looked down at Natalia, but she didn't look pleased. I squinted my eyes at her and spoke.

"You need to be in bed." I said.

"Well, Good morning to you too." She said giving me a dirty look.

"What are you doing down here?"

"Well, I was going to get coffee." she said pointing at the breakfast bar.

I nodded my head looking at that direction when my eyes landed on the guy she was talking too.

"Hold on are you going to a meeting?" She asked looking at my clothes.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked her still looking at him giving him an evil look.

"Answer my question first."  She said.

I still wasn't looking at her, I was glaring at him, but I finally looked down when she snatched my face back to hers with her hand and yelled my name.

"Asher, pay attention!"

I looked down into her milky brown eyes, and all over her face she looked really tired, and not well.

"What were you guys laughing at?" I asked in a serious tone still ignoring her question.

However, I didn’t really answer her question, because I realized that her hand was still on my face.

I think she also realized that she was still holding my face because she quickly put her hand down and began to speak up.

"Can you please stop I was just speaking to him, I wasn't doing anything! And you don't have to be rude to him." She yelled crossing her arms on her chest.

"I don't need the attitude!" I yelled back.

"Well I don't need the accusations!" She retorted back.

We were staring at each other in anger. When I heard Jason yell from behind.

"Come on man were going to be late for the meeting!"

"They can wait." I said then turned back around, but I saw Natalia walking off the opposite direction.

I grabbed her hand from walking any further, turning her around facing me.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going to get dressed for the meeting I need to be there as your assis-"

"No, you need to get your rest." I said cutting her off.

"I'm fine Asher-"

"No, you're not, you need to stay here and clear your hangover you don't look that good." I said.

"Thanks." She said flatly glaring at me.

"Please?" I begged.

She looked at me shocked and concerned, she probably thought it was weird for me to act this way.

I mean it was, but I really needed for her to rest. She looked at me for a while, then nodded her head looking down.

I realized that we were still holding hands, so I let go fast and walked away.

"Asher!" I heard her yell and I froze. I turned around facing her. She held my gaze for a second.

"Thank you." She said smiling a little.

I nodded my head and walked off. However, I couldn't help feeling at ease that she was staying.