Chapter 20

Natalia POV

2 months...

It has been about 2 months since I quit. And I'm running out of money. I can't afford anything.

I'm counting at my last dollar. I paid for rent, Jane's back up babysitting money, food, and other bills.

But now I don't know where I'm going to get the money. I'm honestly at my last.

I've been looking for months for a job. However, I still haven't got one, not even a phone call. I have even been applying at fast food or waitressing jobs just so I can get some type of income coming in.

Whatever I need to do to pay the bills and have a stable home I will do. I was currently calculating everything that needed to get paid this month.

Jane: $100

Rent: $458

Phone Bill: $75

Utilities: $60

Toiletries: $30

AND THE TOTAL IS... CANT PAY FOR IT.

"Mama can you rwead me a swory?"

"Yeah, give Mama a minute okay?"

"No, now!"

"Come on baby girl give Mama a min-"

"No!" She said whining, while climbing on my lap.

She started banging her head on my chest crying.

"Okay, Miya go in your room and wait for me okay?"

She chirped up and smiled at me.

"Otay" She said and ran into her room. she acted like she didn't even cry or threw a fit just a few minutes ago.

She was probably fake crying. She's been doing that a lot lately. I pushed the paper and pen to the side of the table.

I walked into her bedroom looking at her crouching down picking out a book.

She pulled it out and shoved it in front of my face.

"This one Mama, this one!" She squealed.

She pulled out a princess book. It didn't have any words just pictures of Disney Princesses.

"Okay Baby girl."

We sat on the bed getting comfortable. I opened the book going through the pages.

Occasionally Miya will scream at the princess that she liked and will ask detail questions about the character.

She always perked up when she saw Cinderella. Which was her favorite one.

It finally ended with all the princesses together at the end. By the time I turned around she was snoring lightly.

I tucked her in and closed her bedroom door halfway. I went to the living room and turned on the TV.

I sat down on the couch pulling my laptop from the table onto my lap. I opened it up, and started applying to jobs.

I was halfway through my 3rd application when I heard a knock at the door.

I got up and asked who it was.

"Who is it?"

"Who do you think it is baby?"

Ewww.... that last person I wanted to see.

I opened the door and there he was. In all his dirtiness... Mace. He had stained clothes on, that reeked of a foul smell. He was about to step in without asking like he always does.

However, I was not going to let him in. Especially with Miya asleep. I didnt want him to wake her.

"Nope, no way are you stepping inside. We're going to be speaking out here, in the open."

I pushed him out of the door, and closed it. Realizing what I just done, I wiped my hand on my pants quickly.

"Yeah sure whatever you want baby."

"What do you want?"

"Well I'm here for bad news. youre late on your rent again and if you don't have it by the end of this week youre evicted." He said shrugging his shoulders.

And there it goes the words I didn't want to hear. I knew it was coming. I was just hoping that he would just wait a little longer.

"Is there any way that you can give me more time?" I asked.

"Well, there is something else you can do."

He scooted up closer to me and touched my cheek.

"Something more useful" he whispered in my ear trying to be seductive.

I was so distracted by his rotten breath that ringed in the air. I almost gaged when it hit my nose.

I pushed him off me, and gave him a disgusted look. While he had a stupid smirk on his face.

"You disgust me! I'll have the rent money by the end of the week"

I turned around and opened the door. I hurriedly went in before he tried something else.

I closed the door in his face. Ugh! He was such a pervert. I mean how many times do you got to tell a dude to leave you alone.

He was so annoying, and every time he had the chance, he would say something so inappropriate towards me.

It was honestly border line sexual harassment. On a different note I didn't know where I was going to get the money from?

I went to the bathroom and stripped off my clothes. I turned the water on hot, and let the water rinse through my body, and face.

I stayed in there for at least an hour, thinking of what I was going to do. Maybe I could do side jobs, or something.

I kind of regret it now. I regret quitting. Maybe if I just held it out for a little while longer, at least until I had a backup plan.

Another job in place. I shouldn't have reacted on my feelings so soon. But, man I really couldn't take it anymore.

I don't know any human who acts that way towards another. However, I kind of knew how he was like before I got the job.

But I was desperate and I really needed the money. The exact same way I'm feeling now still.

I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I turned off the lights and walked to my bedroom.

I picked out some under garments and an oversized T-shirt for bed. I sat on the bed just staring at the wall.

I finally accepted it. I was going to get evicted and there was nothing I could do about it.

I felt a tear roll down my eye. Then a lot came after that. I put my hands in my head sobbing.

"Mommy?"

I heard the door creek open. There was Miya looking at me with a sad face. She ran to me climbing on my lap with her little legs.

"Why you cry Mama?"

I wiped the tears from my face. Looking at her with a smile.

"Oh no I'm not crying baby girl it's just water."

"No" she said

She gave me a big hug, with her arms not fully wrapping around me.

"Love you" She said not really completing her sentence.

"I love you too, and everything's going to be alright." I said while kissing her forehead.

I hope.