Chapter 36

Natalia POV

"Natalia wake up, were here." I heard someone say in my ear.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I finally looked up and seen Tracey smiling down at me.

"Hey" I croaked out.

I stood up and walked down the hall, heading towards the steps outside.

We were in a huge parking lot. It looked like we were isolated. From where I was standing it didn't look like Hawaii.

I landed my eyes on two men talking. Jason and Asher seemed like they were in a deep conversation about something.

During the conversation, he seemed to look up at me a few times. It kind of made me nervous. It seemed like they were talking about me.

So, I turned around towards Tracey, and started talking to her.

"So, does he do this often?" I asked Tracey.

"Who does what often?" She asked confused                                                  

"Asher, does he fly out of state for business frequently?"

 "Um, yeah actually he does. But, it's only like 5 to 7 times a year." She said shrugging.

"Is it just for business, or does he fly out for personal reasons?" I don't know why I was asking that. but I was just curious.

"Well he really doesn't tell me much about it well not anyone to be exact. But I do know that he visits his parents in California a few times a year."

"Oh, nice..."

I actually didn't really know much about Asher’s parents. I mean it's not like I was supposed to, especially when Asher doesn't open up about his personal life in general.

But I never saw them around, and no one ever mentioned them. Unlike Tracey just now.

I looked back up towards the men and saw Jason jumping in the car, waiting for something it seemed.

"I don't know why you’re waiting I'm not getting in the car." Tracey said yelling to Jason while crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Oh, please not now Tracey." Jason said rubbing his face in frustration

"I'm not getting-"

"Tracey get in the car right now I don't have time for this!" He said raising his voice.

She stormed towards him even more mad then before. "Who do you think you're talking too?!"

I chuckled looking at them bicker leaving my view. I looked to my right and saw Asher looking at them shaking his head.

He then turned to me beckoning his head towards the car.  He opened the car, and went into the driver’s seat.

I followed seating myself in the passenger seat. Once we were comfortable and seated well we pulled out of the parking lot.

When we finally hit the road. I rolled down the window to look at the scene more clearly. The first think that struck me was the smell of the fresh air, and the ocean

I looked at the beautiful view in front of me and it was breathtaking.

There were green mountains, with clouds stretching along them. It gave off the illusion that the mountains were disappearing within the clouds. The clear blue bodies of water surrounding us. The big long palm trees that seem to stretch on forever. And finally, the sun, beaming high onto my face between the trees.