Chapter 27

Natalia POV

"Hey Tracey!"

"Hey Natalia, how are you?"

"Good, and you?" I asked smiling at her.

"Good."

I was just entering the workspace. It has only been a few weeks that I've went back to working.

I've got back to the swing of things rather quickly. Well at first it was a little rocky... especially with Asher.

We kept on arguing, fighting and yelling at each other until the other night when we made a deal to act at least respectful towards one another.

That doesn't mean he doesn't gets on my nerves, and that probably goes the same for him when it came to me as well.

And the house situation is not that bad. Miya loves it there, and more importantly she's seemed to warm up to Asher, they were getting close.

It's unbelievable... how attach they are to one another. I only see Asher late at night or early mornings. And that's only if I don't get to sleep early or wake up late.

However, when I do see him hes always with Miya

Jane still babysits Miya when were both at work. I'm surprised that Asher even let it happen.

At first, he was against having someone at his house that he didnt know. When I first brought it up to him the first thing he said was:

"No, of course not! I already have two people in my house. Why would I let someone that I barely know step in the door? Especially when I'm not there?"

But I think the realization of leaving a toddler in his house alone for hours without a babysitter probably wasn't the best idea...

"I never got to ask you, how has it been since being back?" Tracey asked

"It's been good actually." I said nodding my head.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah"

"Well I got to go Tracey." I said pointing at Ashers coffee that I was supposed to be giving to him.

I walked through the doors to the hallway. I was in front of his office now. I don't even bother to knock anymore because I would usually come in before he did.

I would just put his coffee on his desk and then leave to go to my office.

 I opened the door and stepped in.

As I looked up and saw him there, for the first time.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I can-"

"No, it's fine come in." He said still looking down at his paper work.

I walked up and sat down his coffee on his desk.

"Here you go Sir." I smiled.

However, he just nodded in response or to say thanks? I guess...

Usually that little action, I would think that it was rude and maybe it was. but he was making progress and that was a star in my book.

I was about to leave the door, until he stopped me by calling my name.

"Where are you going Miss. Wake?" He asked from behind.

I turned around a little confused of why he was asking that.

"I'm going to my office?"

"Why?"

"Well because since day one you told me that I take orders, do my work, and to talk to you only when I bring your coffee or handing stuff to you." I said counting on my fingers.