Chapter 49

Asher POV

They were everything that I could ask for and more.

I have her and Miya.

After all this time they're finally mine, and I plan on keeping it that way. She was everything to me, and I wouldn't trade what we have for anything.

"Asher are you almost done getting her ready!? " Natalia screamed from the bathroom

I was currently putting on Miya's outfit that her mom picked out for her.  However, I was having trouble with it.

"Ashwer, Mama is mad!" Miya said with a muffled voice.

Her hands were sticking out of her cute red jumper, she was struggling to get it on with my little help.

Her head couldn't seem to fit, so I couldn't even see her face because the clothing was blocking it.

But she was right if I didn't hurry up, Natalia was going to be mad.  Her daughter shouldn't be late to her own birthday party.

"Asher?"

"Yeah, everything is under control." I said a little shaky.

I heard her drop her straightener from the bathroom, and steps coming from the other room.

"Asher are you sure?  You don't seem so confident in your-

She stopped at the bedroom door, and looked at the scene before her while finishing her sentence.

answer. "

"Alright clothing duty is not for you, you're off the clock." She said stomping in and taking my place.

She bends down looking a little grumpy, she finally managed to put on Miya's jumper on correctly popping her head through the hole.

Mya looked up at me shaking her head a little.

"Told you mama was mad" She whispered so I can only hear.

"Asher can you go downstairs and call Chuck E cheese and make sure the appointment for the birthday party is still set up please? "

I nodded my head even though she couldn't see me and headed downstairs. I picked up my cell phone and called the place.

After I got off the phone with them, Natalia and Miya came down the stairs.

Natalia was in a long flowy shirt with slits at the shoulders. It was the same color as Miya's jumper. She had red scandals on with white jean shorts.  It was like a matching daughter and mom duo thing.

"Are you ready?" I asked Natalia.

She nodded her head frantically looking for something it looked like.

"Yeah, I just have to find my purse. Have you seen it I-"

"just had it" I responded by finishing her sentence and raising her purse up in the air.

She turned around and smiled at me lightly while walking towards me. She grabbed the purse from my hand but before I let go completely. I yanked the purse back so it brought her body close to mine.

"You look beautiful" I whispered in her ear, and kissed her quickly before I pulled back.

"Thank you" She said smiling at me. 

I nodded my head and ran towards Miya scooping her in a hug, and kissing her on the forehead.

"But no one looks as beautiful as my birthday girl. " I said squeezing her cheeks.