Chapter 22

Natalia POV

"It was really nice seeing you Tracey. I promise next time coffee is on me." I smiled at her giving her a hug.

Well if I’m not broke at that time I thought to myself

"I can't wait, and Natalia please don't be a stranger. Even though I don't see you that often. Please stay in touch!" She said.

"Sure thing!"

"Bye Natalia see you around."

"Bye"

"Bye Miya it was nice to finally meet you!" She said while looking down at her.

"Bwye!" Miya chirped up waving at Tracey.

We walked out together and went our separate ways. I placed Miya in the back seat and drove home.

A few minutes later I parked in the front of my apartment complex. I opened my car door then closed it.

I unbuckled Miya from her car seat and held her in my arms. I walked to the stairs heading up to my door. However, I stopped moving my feet, because the scene before my eyes paralyzed my body from moving it seemed.

I saw my belongings from my apartment thrown outside of my door. People were emptying items out one by one.

"What do you think you're doing!?" I screamed at the men that were in my apartment.

One of them, who I think oversaw the rest of them looked at me confused.

"Who are you?" He asked me.

"Who am I? I’m the person that currently lives here, and these are my stuff that you have in your hands right now!" I said screaming at him.

"Oh, sorry Ma’am we were called to move items form this specific location and room. A guy named Mace called my office a few days ago to set and carry out the job."

I was going to say something, but Mace interrupted me from behind.

"Yup, I sure did call them" He said

"What the heck is this about?" I turned towards him asking.

"Like I told you if you didn't have the rent money you were going to be evicted."

"You told me I had until the end of the week! It has only been two days!?" I yelled at him.

He shrugged his shoulders, not even caring that I was going to be out on the street.

"You should of just gave me what I wanted." He stated.

"Are you serious! I'm getting kicked out of my apartment right now, and all you can think about is your pleasures. Get it through your head I don't want to sleep with your disgusted dirty self. I-"

"Sleep with who?" A husky voice said from behind me.

I turned around and was shocked to see Asher standing in front of me with a nice sleek suit, and pants on, with his hands in his pockets.

He looked between Mace and I, before his eyes wandered to what was taking place in my apartment

"What's going on here?" He asked diverting his gaze towards Mace.

However, Mace didn't answer the question but gave a scowl to Asher instead.

"Who are you?" Mace asked with anger in his voice.

"It doesn't matter who I am. I asked a question. A smart person would answer." He said with his voice laced with annoyance.

"I don’t have to do anything" Mace said looking at Asher with the same scowl placed on his face.