6.

APRIL

After the phone call with Anne I made William go upstairs and pack a suitcase with everything he will need.

"How long are we going for mummy?" He asked as I walked into his room.

He sat on the floor with his suitcase in front of him, clothes all over the floor. Trying to pick which ones to take with him, even though he had no idea where we were going yet.

"I'm not sure yet, so take everything you'll need ok?" I answered and he nodded before chucking move stuff into his suitcase.

"Where are we going?" He asked being the curious boy he is.

"We're going to got stay with Anne for a while"

"I'm finally going to meet her! Yay!" He cheered and I'm just glad he was happy about this.

"We're leaving tonight, so make sure you're ready" I said and walked out of his room, to pack a small bag for me.

I didn't know what I had planned but I knew I had to get us away from here. I just knew I had to do something. Knowing they had actually been watching me for years now makes me angry. Just knowing they had been watching me and William this whole time without me knowing made me angry. I thought I had disappeared from everyone but it turns out they had found me before anyone. They knew when my fucking son's birthday was. They weren't messing and suddenly I wasn't ether. I suddenly felt like my old self and as much as I hated it, I knew I needed to be that person again to keep William safe.

*************

"Lets go now William!" I shouted up the stairs for the fourth time.

"I'm coming!"

Suddenly he appeared at the top of the stairs struggling with his suitcase. I sigh as I put my small bag down and went upstairs to help him carry it down, however it was heavy for me too but I struggled ok on my own as he ran towards the door.

"Why have you only got a small bag mummy?" He asked as I put his suitcase down ready for him to roll it to the car.

"Errrm, because as I'm older I don't have as much stuff as you baby boy" I said kissing his cheek.

I didn't want him to know I might not be staying as long as him. I didn't want him to know I might be leaving him for the first time in six years of his life.

We walked towards the car, me lifting our bags into the boot as William jumped into the passenger seat. I slammed the boot shut and looked around to see if anyone was watching but to what I could sense no one was there. Jumping in the driver seat William was very excited next to me.

"I cant wait! How long will it take!" He bounced in his seat and I chuckled at him.

"A couple of hours, so get some sleep on the way" I warned and he nodded as I started the engine and off we went towards Holmes Chapel.

*************

"William honey" I whispered as I shook him lightly.

Just like I had told Anne, we were there the next morning. William had fallen asleep and hadn't woken up the whole time. I didn't sleep at all because I knew I had to get here before they knew I had left the house. However as I was parked outside Anne's house at eight in the moring, I didn't feel tired at all. I didn't seem to feel anything right now. I was started to turn to who I was when all this begun and I knew it wouldn't be safe for me to be aound William soon.