Chapter 3

Tessa found Clary, Cecily, and Isabelle standing in the foyer of the huge mansion. She was still mortified and embarrassed from what she had witnessed, and tried to push the whole scene from her mind as she reached the three girls.

"Did you find the washroom?" Cecily asked.

Tessa only nodded, not saying anything. She didn't want to tell them about what had actually happened - not wanting to re-live the moment. What she wanted to do was to go home. She had had enough of this party, and was feeling tired. Plus, she had class early next morning.

"Are you okay?" Isabelle asked her. "You look a little shaken up."

"I'm fine." Tessa replied, shooting her a small smile. "But I want--"

"Will, we didn't think we'd see you all night." Clary spoke, looking at something behind Tessa.

Tessa resisted the urge to cringe, her cheeks turning bright pink. She felt Will on her left side, although she refused to look at him.

"We thought you'd be hooking up with some girl." Isabelle rolled her eyes.

"I was interrupted." Will replied, sounding emotionless.

"Poor you." Cecily rolled her eyes, and then looked at Tessa. "What were you going to say before Will came?"

"I want to go home." Tessa announced.

Will chuckled dryly. "Of course you do. Is it past your bedtime?"

Tessa only looked up at him, glaring. He looked back her, an arrogant smirk on his face. God, she thought, why does he have to be so attractive? It would have been easier for her to hate him if he wasn't so beautiful.

"Well, we've all been drinking, so we can't take you home." Clary frowned.

Cecily then smirked. "Will can take you home, can't you, Will? You haven't been drinking."

Oh no, anyone but him, Tessa thought to herself.

"I"m not taking her home." Will declared, glaring at his sister.

"Yes, you are." Cecily matched his glare, looking just like him.

They stayed like that for a few seconds, and then Will groaned loudly and started to make his way to the front door of the mansion. Tessa trailed after him, she would rather walk home then get in a car with Will. Alone. She walked out of the house, and followed him a little ways down the sidewalk. Will stopped at an expensive looking white BMW, and walked over to the driver's side. Tessa only stood there for a moment, stunned by the car.

"Are you going to get in or not?" Will asked rudely.

She quickly snapped out of it, and awkwardly got in the passenger's seat. They sat there silently for a moment, and then Will pulled out a cigarette from his pocket, and lit it with a lighter. Tessa wrinkled her nose in disgust.

"That is so disgusting." The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them.

Will looked over at her, seeming uninterested and annoyed. "Did I ask?"

Tessa only huffed, and looked away, and he started the car. Will began to drive, rather recklessly and fast, and Tessa clenched her jaw. When they ran a red light, she could no longer hold it in.

"You're going to kill us if you keep driving like that!" Tessa exclaimed.

He only shrugged, bored. "People die everyday."

She was appalled. Never in her life had she ever met anyone like Will. Someone who didn't care about anything.

"Do you even care about anything? Because it seems like you don't." Tessa frowned.