Chapter 19

It was about 2:30am, and Tessa and the other girls were still at the party. She was dancing with Clary, while singing loudly to the music. Jem had left a few hours ago, and she had no idea where Will has disappeared to. She had kept wondering to herself about what he had wanted to talk to her about, and wanted to go find him. But God knows what he was doing. Tessa also had no idea where Isabelle and Cecily had gone, but she guessed they were with Gabriel and Simon.

"You know you might have to spend the night with Will." Clary shouted over the music.

"What? Why?" Tessa asked.

"Well we're all probably going to spend the night here, and you've been drinking so you shouldn't drive home." She replied.

"Will will probably have some other girl already sleeping in his bed, and I have boyfriend." Tessa said.

"It's only one night, it's not like you guys have spent the night with each other before." Clary waved it off.

But we have, Tessa thought to herself. The thought of sleeping in the same bed as Will again made her skin tingles and she felt excitement well in her. She felt ashamed. She was dating Jem, she should be thinking about Jem like this. After a little while longer, the two girls walked out into the backyard to get some fresh air. People were scattered around the yard, and Tessa's eyes found Will. He was talking to a good looking boy with dark brown hair.

"I'm surprised Will isn't with some girl." Tessa commented.

Clary looked up at her. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Do you have a crush on him? Will?" She questioned.

Tessa felt herself turn very red. "What? Of course not. I'm dating Jem."

"That doesn't mean it isn't possible for you to have feelings for someone else, too." Clary pointed out.

She shook her head. "I don't have a crush on him."

"I don't believe you." Clary smirked. "But fine."

Tessa was about to say something, when suddenly Will himself was standing in front of them. He was looking at her, his blue eyes cold and stony.

"I'm surprised you're still here considering your boyfriend left." Will said coldly.

She felt taken aback by his tone. "I'm leaving with Clary and the other girls."

"And we're not leaving so Tessa will have to stay with you, Will." Clary said.

"She can't stay with me." He replied flatly. "She has a boyfriend, and I don't want her to stay with me."

"Well I can't drive, I've been drinking." Tessa frowned.

"Well, I haven't been, so I'll drive you." Will spoke sharply.

He then briskly pushed past her, and started walking. Clary and Tessa watched him and after a few paces he turned back around.

"Are you coming?" He demanded, throughly annoyed.

"Now?" Tessa echoed.

"When else would you like? In a year?" Will rolled his eyes. "Let's go."

Tessa huffed, annoyed by his rudeness, and quickly bid goodbye to Clary. She almost had to run to keep up with Will, and she followed him to the front of the house where his car was parked. They both got into it, Will slamming the door loudly. Tessa remembered the last time she had been in his car - when he had kissed her. He started the car, and began to drive very fast.

"Why are you being so rude?" Tessa blurted out suddenly.

"Don't act like you're surprised by it." Will replied, glaring at the road.

"Oh, trust me, I'm not." She rolled her eyes, annoyed. "Is it me? Have I done something?"

"Oh no, princess, of course it's not you." Will rolled his eyes, too.

He pulled up in front of the sorority house, but Tessa didn't get out. She turned to face him, feeling angry.

"You know you're a real asshole." She snapped.

"I still don't know why you're acting so surprised." He glared at her.

"I don't know what I've done to make you angry and annoyed, but I'm not taking anymore of it." Tessa spoke angrily.

Without waiting for a reply, she got out of the car and started to walk towards the mansion. She unlocked the door, and heard that Will was a step behind her. He slammed the door behind them, and Tessa whirled around to face him.

"What? What could you possibly want from me?" She demanded.

"How could you not know?" Will seemed exasperated.

"Not know what?" Tessa echoed.

When he only remained silent, she huffed annoyedly.

"I am so done with you Will. Leave." She glared fiercely.

He scoffed. "We both know that you don't want me to leave."

"Yes, I do. I'm going to call Jem over." The words flew out of her mouth, knowing they would have an effect on him.

And they did. Will's eyes immediately darkened and he clenched his fists. He walked right up to her so they were only a few inches apart, and Tessa felt her heart rate increase dramatically.

"Don't pull that shit with me, Tessa." He borderline growled.

"What shit? Jem is my boyfriend." She fired back.

"God, Tessa, he doesn't even touch you!" Will suddenly shouted. "How can you possible enjoy being with him?"

"Why do you care?!" Tessa exclaimed.

"Because you're lying to me and to yourself." Will glared. "And I'm fucking tired of it."

"Then leave me alone. Don't talk to me anymore." She shot back.

"Can't you understand that I can't? No matter how hard I try, I cannot leave you alone." Will fumed. "And I hate you -- God, I hate you for it."

They both then stared at each other, anger radiating off of them like waves. Tessa wanted to say a million hurtful things to him, but the words would not leave her mouth. How dare he have the audacity to say that he hated her, when all he had done since they had met was be rude and mean to her. Will's blue eyes were a storm of anger and resentment, and Tessa figured hers must've looked the same. She could feel the tension between them.

And then, suddenly, she smashed her lips to his and they were kissing.