Chapter 29

Tessa woke up the next morning, immediately knowing that Will was not laying next to her. She stretched out and then sat up, a smile crossing her face as she remembered the previous night's events. Will loved her. Will Herondale was in love with her. How was that possible? How could anyone as beautiful as him be in love with her? Tessa could not fathom it.

She leaned over and grabbed her phone from her bedside table and looked at it. There were a few messages in her group with Clary, Isabelle and Cecily but there were none from Will. Tessa did not let this worry her. Will had his own life and it wasn't a big deal if he didn't text her. Although, she found herself hoping that he would soon. Tessa got up and got dressed - as she was completely undressed from the previous night's events - and began to get ready for her her day, thoughts of Will dancing around in her mind. She walked downstairs, unable to wipe the smile from her face, and saw her three best friends sitting in the living room.

"Hey." Clary smiled. "You look happy."

Tessa tried to suppress her wide grin. "Do I?"

"Come on, spill the beans." Cecily grinned, reminding Tessa of Will. "What happened?"

"Will told me he's in love with me." She blurted out, smiling.

The three girls gasped and then squealed.

"Really?!" Isabelle exclaimed. "Oh, Tessa, I'm so happy for you."

Tessa beamed. "Thanks, Izzy."

"Wow, I never thought I'd live to see the day when Will fell in love." Cecily smiled. "My mother always said that when Will fell in love, it would be forever. He may not seem like it, but he gets very attached to people."

Tessa only remained silent. Will getting attached to people? It didn't seem like the Will she knew, but she figured that Cecily knew him best.

"So are you guys dating now?" Clary asked.

"Actually, we didn't talk about it." Tessa replied. "I guess when I see him later, we will."

"Speaking of later," Isabelle started, carefully. "There's another party tonight."

Tessa, Clary and Cecily all groaned.

"Oh, come on guys. I swear this time we'll leave before midnight." Isabelle convinced.

The three others girls caved, knowing that they could not say no to their wild best friend. The day passed by slowly, as Tessa eagerly awaited from a call or text from Will, but they never came. She was not worried, though, she would see Will at the party. Tessa was actually excited for a party for once and she knew it was because Will would be there. When it was finally time for all of them to leave, that night, she could hardly contain her excitement. She was dressed tight skinny jeans and a high crop top. The car ride seemed to last for forever, but finally Tessa saw the large frat house appear in front of her grey eyes. She stepped out of the car and followed behind Clary and walked into the house. Tessa hardly noticed how crazy the party already was, there was only one thing on her mind. Will. She trailed after the rest of her friends, looking for Will around every corner. When Tessa finally found him, her heart dropped and her smile faded.

Will was sitting down on one of the couches, wearing all black clothes, his blue eyes lazily looking around the room. A pretty blonde girl was sitting on his lap, one of her arms around his shoulder and Will's arm around her waist. Tessa felt her breath catch, and could almost hear her heart shattering. Will finally saw her, and when he did, he seemed to look straight through her. It was as if he didn't even know her. Will had looked at her many ways since they had first met but she had never seen him look at her like this. With such indifference. He clearly had been lying when he had said he loved her. Tessa could do nothing but stare back at him, and it took Isabelle pulling on her arm to tear her out of her heartbroken trance.

"I'm sorry, Tessa." Isabelle whispered sadly.

Tessa tried to mask her overwhelming sadness. "I should have known better. It's my fault, really."

"You know what you should do," Izzy started. "You should hook up with a guy. It'll drive Will crazy."

She shook her head. "I don't think he would care."

"Never know unless you try. I'll set you up, don't worry." Isabelle winked at her.

Tess smiled slightly, and flitted her eyes back to Will who was speaking with Jace. Isabelle disappeared for about twenty minutes, and when she returned, there was a attractive blonde haired boy following behind her.

"Tessa, this is Sebastian. He's been my friend for a long time." Isabelle introduced, smirking slightly.

"It's nice to meet you." Sebastian smiled.

Tessa had to blink a few times. Sebastian was painfully good looking. Whereas Will was the sky at midnight, Sebastian was the sunrise in the morning - all light and warm. He had incredibly green eyes, maybe even greener than Clary's. He was breathtaking.

"You too." Tessa replied finally.

Sebastian took a seat next Tessa and he immediately began to speak to her. He asked her about the classes she was taking and if she had been in England long. Tessa enjoyed his company and Sebastian had even achieved to make her laugh a few times. The whole time, she was aware of Will's icy blue eyes watching them, and Tessa felt satisfied. After about twenty minutes, Sebastian asked her if she wanted to go somewhere else. Feeling her throat become tight, Tessa agreed and he took her hand and lead her out of the room. She shot one last look at Will to see that his jaw was clenched and he was staring at her. She repressed the urge to smirk and followed Sebastian out of the room. To her surprise, he took her to the backyard where there was less people. He sat down on one of the steps on the porch and Tessa did the same.

"Don't worry, we don't have to do anything if you don't what to." Sebastian started, smiling at her. "Isabelle told me about you and Will. I figured you'd wanna rub it in his face a bit."

Tessa felt surprise run through her. "Thank you. He's just - I - well-"

Sebastian chuckled lightly. "I know. I've known Will for awhile now since I'm friends with Jace."

She sighed. "I should have known better. I should have known he would do this."

He shrugged. "The heart wants what it wants, right?"

Tessa sighed again. "Sadly, that's true."

* * *

Where was she going? And why with him? He wasn't even that good looking, Will thought to himself. He gritted his teeth as he watched Sebastian and Tessa leave the room and the smirk Isabelle and Cecily shared. He knew what that meant. Will clenched his jaw and forced his eyes to the floor. He had no right to be angry and jealous, he knew, he had brought this upon himself. When Will had woken up this morning in Tessa's bed and remembered he had confessed his love for her, he had felt sick. He had fucked up for telling her - but he hadn't been able to help it. He wanted her. But he couldn't have her. He would destroy her - ruin her and that was the last thing he wanted to do.

"Hey, what's wrong?" The blonde on his lap said. Will couldn't remember what her name was.

The thought of Sebastian's hands touching Tessa and her kissing him forced itself into Will's mind and he felt a flare of anger and disgust overtake him.

"I'm fine." He grumbled.

But that was far from the truth. And it was all his fault.