Chapter 25

"Come on you guys, we have to go." Isabelle started.

Cecily, Isabelle, Clary and Tessa were all sitting in the large library of their campus, studying. Or at least, attempting to study.

"Another party?" Clary echoed. "We have classes tomorrow morning."

"Oh come on, we have to go, Clary. All of the guys are going to be there, too." Cecily piped up.

Tessa frowned at the mention of the boys. She was still upset about the way Will had thrown her out last night, as if she were trash needing to be taken to the curb. The whole drive home, she had been fuming. How dare he treat her like that, and why had she just taken it? Tessa hated the way she just let him do whatever he wanted to her, and she knew she had no one to blame but herself. She had stayed up all night trying to decipher his rude behaviour. They had gotten along all night, so what had changed? Tessa wished he weren't so hot cold all the time. It was exhausting.

Clary sighed. "Okay fine, I'll go." She then looked over at Tessa. "What about you, Tessa?"

"Uh, is Will going to be there?" She asked slowly.

"Of course he will be." Isabelle replied. "Why? Did something happen between you two?"

Tessa sighed, and preceded to explain the events of the night before. When she was finished talking, Cecily spoke up.

"I'm going to kill him." She glared. "He doesn't know how to treat girls."

"He doesn't." Clary agreed. "You deserve better, Tessa."

"I do, I just can't shake him, you know? Every time I look him, I'm under his spell." Tessa said, feeling glum. "And he only wants me for sex."

"Tonight, you can't fall for it. You're going to make sure you look really hot and then not pay any attention to Will, okay?" Isabelle instructed.

"Okay. I have no idea what to wear." Tessa replied.

Isabelle then began to smirk widely, and Tessa knew that she had made a mistake by saying that.

"Don't worry." Isabelle started, still smirking. "I've got just the thing."

* * *

"I look like a hooker."

"Easy now, those are my clothes."

Tessa turned around to face Isabelle. "I'm sorry, I meant that I just don't think it suits me. Only you can pull off stuff like this and make it seem not trashy."

She was dressed in a tight short black dress, and thigh high black high heel boots. Never had Tessa worn something so risky.

"People are going to think I'm trying too hard." Tessa finished.

Isabelle scoffed. "No they're not. You should what all the other girls will be wearing. You look gorgeous, Tessa. I wouldn't lie to you."

Tessa sighed but nodded her head and Isabelle grinned. Sooner than Tessa would have liked, they were walking into the sorority house that was a few down from their own. It was a typical party, and Tessa found that she didn't wince at the excruciatingly loud music anymore. Isabelle, Clary, Cecily and Tessa all walked through the mansion, in search of the boys. Finally, Clary spotted them in the kitchen, and Tessa followed the three other girls.

Of course, her eyes found Will first, and she felt a huge pang go through her at the sight of him. He was so beautiful. He was looking at her, and Tessa did not miss the way his eyes widened for a split second when he saw her. Remembering what Isabelle had said, she quickly removed her eyes from Will and greeted all the other boys. Tessa could Will waiting expectantly for her to acknowledge him, but she remained silent, her eyes avoiding his blue ones.

As they all talked, Tessa could see Will staring at her intently, from the corner of her eye. She wanted so badly to talk to him but she stopped herself. She couldn't keep falling at the feet of someone who didn't want her for the right reasons. He was a toxic person and knew how to get what he wanted from her. Ugh, but he's such a beautiful person, she thought to herself. They all went their separate ways soon, and Tessa turned to follow Cecily, when she felt a hand grab her forearm. She spun around to see Will's hand on her arm, his electric blue eyes blazing.

"Ignoring me I see." He started, his voice cool.

Her eyes flitted down to where his hand lay on her arm, and back up to his. He let her go, and Tessa found it hard to ignore the sting of where his skin had touched her own.

"I had nothing to say." She replied indifferently.

He began to laugh. "Tess with nothing to say? This is a historical moment."

Tessa narrowed her eyes at him. "Is there something you needed? Or did you only want to make fun of me?"

Will smirked, amused. "Feisty tonight, aren't we."

She only rolled her eyes, and began to walk away from him. He was beside her in a second.

"Where are you going? I wasn't finished talking." He still sounded amused.

"Well, I was." She retorted.

Will laughed. "You're funny, tonight. I wish you were like this more often."

"Can you please go." Tessa spoke through gritted teeth, while stopping and facing him. "I don't have the patience to deal with you right now."

"I didn't realize I needed to be dealt with." His voice was smooth, amusement twinkling in his blue eyes.

"I don't want to talk you." She said suddenly.

The amusement left his eyes, and his face hardened a bit. "Fine. If that's you want, princess. Everyone has to do what you say, right?"

Will then turned on his heel and stormed away from her. Tessa closed her eyes and sighed. That couldn't have gone worse. The words were just out of her mouth before she could stop them. It had been agonizing to reject Will like that, but Tessa knew it had to be done. He had to get the hint that he could not treat her as he had the night before. Tessa sighed again, she wasn't sure if she was going to have fun at this party.