Chapter 28

Eventually, Tessa and Will began to talk again and Tessa found that she had fallen more in love with him. They sat on the dock for hours talking and laughing about random things, and Tessa did not think she had ever smiled so much before. Will knew just how to make her laugh and he almost pushed her into the lake a few times, which she did not enjoy. When the sun had started to set, they both decided to go get dinner.

They both walked into some small restaurant Will had found, and they were seated by an attractive boy around their age. Tessa could not help but stare the boy and she guessed she had stared a bit too long because Will spoke when the boy left.

"Are you trying to fuck him with your eyes?" He asked, monotonously.

Tessa scoffed. "No, I'm not."

"Sure you weren't." Will mumbled, looking away from her.

She looked at me, leaning forward a bit. If she was correct, he seemed almost - jealous? No, that couldn't be it. Why would Will be jealous?

"That place was really pretty, today." Tessa changed the subject.

Will looked back at her. "My father would take me there sometimes. When he wasn't drunk. The day he died, I sat there on that dock for hours."

"I'm so sorry, Will. No one should have to go through something like that." She replied, softly.

He stared at her for second, his blue eyes bright. "What about you? What's your family drama?"

Tessa sat back in her seat. "My father's mother cannot stand my mother, and my mother cannot stand her either. There's been an ongoing fight between my parents about it for years. My father doesn't think my mother tries hard enough with my grandmother."

"And what do you think?" Will leaned forward in interest.

"I think my mother tries as much as she should. My grandmother is a witch." She rolled her eyes, annoyed. "She treats my mother horribly. It's been going on for forever almost - my parents have been married for twenty-two years."

He whistled. "That's a long time."

"Do you want to get married?" Tessa found herself asking.

Will began to laugh. "Fuck no. Marriage isn't for me."

She only remained silent as his laughter turned to chuckles. He looked at her though amused blue eyes.

"What about you?" Will questioned. "I'm about 99.9% sure you want to get married."

"Of course I want to get married. Most people do." Tessa replied simply. "I want kids, too."

He shook his head. "Kids are too annoying and whiny."

"You're still like that." Tessa grinned, teasing him.

Will smirked, looking amused. "Funny."

"How many kids do you want?" He asked, curiously, surprising her.

"Two. A boy and a girl. I want to name my daughter Lucie." Tessa replied.

He chuckled while smirking. "After Lucie Manette? Wow, you love A Tale of Two Cities more than I had thought."

"I didn't think you would realize where I got Lucie from. I'm impressed." She smiled at him.

"Of course I know where you got it from, Tess. I know you better thank you think." Will smirked.

Tessa only laughed and rolled her eyes and he grinned at her. Dinner went by quickly, and by the time they were finished, it was about ten o'clock. Will drove Tessa home, and parked in front of the large mansion. She hesitated before getting out of the car.

"Do you want to come in?" Tessa blurted out.

Will looked surprised, but agreed. They both got out of his car, and walked inside of the house. Tessa heard voices in the kitchen as she walked up the stairs to her room. She closed the door behind both of them, and they both stood there awkwardly for a moment. Will sat down on her bed, as Tessa put her things down.

"Why did you ask me to come in?" He asked, curiously.

"It seemed like the nice thing to do." Tessa lied.

"Bullshit. What's the real reason?" Will was persistent.

She looked at him. There was curiosity dancing in his blue eyes.

"I honestly don't know." She told him.

Then suddenly, Will was standing right in front of her. Tessa felt all the air leave her lungs with him standing so close to her. He was staring intensely into her grey eyes, almost as if he was searching for something.

"Don't lie." Will said in a low voice.

Even if she had a response, Tessa could not speak. Not when he was standing so close to her, and not when she was drowning in the intoxicating scent of his cologne.

"God, Tess." He whispered, looking pained. "Do you know what you do to me?"

"What?" She barely got out.

"You drive me insane." Will continued. "I try to run from you, but I find myself even more pulled to you."

Tessa was baffled. "What do you mean, Will?"

He looked as if he were at war with himself, his blue eyes blazing.

"I'm in love with you, Tess." Will said finally. "I've tried to ignore it, but I can't. You are my whole world."

Tessa froze, completely incapable of saying anything. Will loved her? Her, Tessa Gray? It sounded absolutely crazy, but he had said it.

"I'm in love with you, too." She managed to get out.

Shock ran through his electric blue eyes and then his lips were on hers, fiercely. Will pulled her to him and kissed her in a way he never had before. Tessa locked her hands around his neck and then soon Will pushed her back down into her bed. He was on top of her in a second, pinning her down and kissing her roughly.

Tessa didn't remember much from that night - only that she had been lost in Will and it was most intoxicating feeling she had ever felt.