Chapter 13

The next day, Tessa sat in the lounge at her campus, with Clary, Cecily, and Isabelle. She was bent over at the table, doing her Literature homework. She was completely exhausted from the party the night before, but was trying to finish her homework so she could just go home and sleep.

"So, Tessa." Cecily started, grinning. "Are you and Jem dating?"

Tessa blushed slightly. "I'm actually not sure. We haven't talked about it."

"Well he obviously likes you since he kissed you yesterday night." Isabelle smirked. "Do you like him a lot?"

Did she? She certainly liked him, but did she like him a lot? She wasn't sure.

"I'm not sure. I definitely have feelings for him, but I don't know to what extent." Tessa replied.

She went back to working while the others kept talking. After a few more minutes, she felt someone take a seat across from her. She looked up to see Will sitting there, already looking at her. Memories of last night came into her head, and she quickly looked away from them. The rest of the boys had showed up, too.

"How's your hands?" Tessa asked him casually.

"Fine." Will replied simply.

"I can't believe you got into a fight last night, Will." Cecily frowned. "Why did you?"

He shrugged. "I was pissed off and that guy was annoying me."

"What were you angry about?" Clary echoed.

"Don't worry about it." Will mumbled.

Jace looked at him, hard, and then started to smirk at him. Will shot daggers at him, shaking his head slightly. Jace only smirked wider, and then looked over at Tessa.

"Tessa, how's your boyfriend?" He asked, amused.

She raised an eyebrow. "He's fine. Why is everyone asking me about him?"

"Because Jace is just trying be an annoying dick." Will glared at the blonde boy.

Jace only smirked widely at Will, who was glaring at him fiercely.

"He was really nice." Clary remarked. "And he was attractive. I like him."

"Me too." Isabelle agreed. "You should invite him more often, Tessa."

"Yeah, maybe I will." Tessa replied thoughtfully.

Everyone began to talk again, and Will leaned forward towards Tessa.

"What are you working on?" He asked.

"Literature homework. Something you should probably do too." She replied.

"Already did it." Will smirked.

Tessa looked up, a bit surprised. "You did?"

He nodded, still smirking. She looked at him, remembering that they had almost kissed.

"Are we going to talk about last night?" He spoke in a low voice, reading her mind.