Chapter 45

When the sun rose the next morning, Tessa was sitting in the same exact spot she had been in when she had gotten home from the party last night. Her eyes were swollen and she was still wearing the same clothes. Isabelle had tried to talk to her on the car ride home, but Tessa didn't hear any of it. It was like she was in a trance - completely numb to anything anyone said. She still couldn't believe it; Will had been cheating on her this whole time. His love for her was a lie. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw Will and Tatiana in their fierce embrace. It was as if her mind wanted her to suffer.

Tessa thought about the look on Will's face as she had driven away. She had never seen him look like that before - so crushed. What did he expect? For Tessa to say that it was all ok and continue as she normally would? Tessa could not just sweep this under the rug like she always did when Will treated her badly. This was different and much worse. Tessa put her face in her hands as it really sunk in that Will had cheated on her. She realized that this was the way Jem had probably felt when Tessa had cheated on him with Will, and she felt even more horrible knowing that she made him feel like this. How had everything suddenly gone terrible?

But what had Tessa expected with a guy like Will? From the moment she had met him, she had known that he was not someone that she should get involved with, but yet she had. She had not even bothered to stop when he would treat her horribly - only brushing it off and giving him chance after chance. Tessa felt incredibly stupid. What had she thought? That Will would actually change for her? And what did the fact that she needed him to change, say about her? Her and Will had been toxic from the beginning but she had been too in love to stop herself. Tessa had known that it would not end well She had brought this upon herself and now she realized that she also had no one to blame but herself. It took two people to ruin a realationship and Tessa knew that some of it had been her fault as well.

Which was why she had made a decision, in the early early hours of the morning, that would change everything. She knew that it was drastic and surprising, but this was what she needed to do for herself. This would be the only way to heal herself after she had been broken by Will.

* * *

Will pulled up in front of Tessa's sorority house and parked his car, feeling nervous and scared out of his mind. After Tessa had left the party last night, he had just stood there and watched Isabelle's car drive away. He knew that he had royally fucked up and he knew that there was a very good chance that Tessa would never speak to him again. And he deserved it. As soon as Will saw Tessa standing there with Tatiana in his arms, he knew that this whole thing had been a mistake. What the fuck had he been doing? Had he really become that insecure that he would as far as to cheat on Tessa so he wouldn't get attached to her? Will knew that he was the most pathetic being alive.

He had stayed awake all night, calling and texting her, hoping and praying that Tessa would reply to him. But she never did and Will couldn't blame her. He had messed everything up. He and Tessa had been doing so well and he let that all go to waste. He had finally found someone who loved him for him and he had ruined it all. Will wasn't even surprised with himself - he always found a way to wreck everything and this was no exception. He loved Tessa so so much and it pained him to know that he had caused her to think that he had been lying about his affections the whole time. He would do anything to go back in time and change it all.

Will then ripped himself out of his trance and got out of his car. He walked up to the front door and knocked, and a few seconds later it was opened by Cecily. As soon as she saw him, she gave him a deathly glare.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded.

"I need to see her." Will replied. "I have to explain everything to her."

Cecily shook her head. "She doesn't want to see you, Will. I don't think anything you could say right now will make her feel better."

"Please, Cecy, please just let me see her. I have to see her." Will begged.

His sister shot him a half sympathetic look. "I'm sorry, Will, I can't."

Will slumped his shoulders, feeling hopeless. "Do - do you think she'll ever speak to me again?"

Cecily hesitated which made him feel a million times worse. "I honestly am not sure. You really did a number on her, Will. She put up with so much from you - I'm surprised she even lasted this long."

"Don't say that, Cecy. Please don't say that." Will whispered, feeling heartbroken. "I love her. I can't live without her. I fucked up so bad and I don't know how to fix it. I don't know how to fix us."

Cecily frowned deeply, and then she was hugging him tightly. Will felt surprise run through him but returned the gesture. Cecily had always been there for him, even when he hadn't wanted her to be

"Everything will work out." She told him after pulling away. "They always do."

She then offered to spend the day with Will, but he declined and said he had to go. He just wanted to be alone. Will walked back to his car, feeling more hopeless than he had ever recalled being in his life. He got into his car and rested his head on the steering wheel.

He was nothing without Tessa. Nothing.