Chapter 24

When dinner was served, Tessa sat beside Will and someone she did not know, and across from Cecily. Linette sat at the head of the table way at the other end. The dining room was filled with the flutter of voices, and the sound of utensils clacking against plates. Tessa was talking with Cecily, and occasionally she would say something. She couldn't help but wonder why he had asked her to be his date, or an even better question, why she was still talking to him after everything that happened with Jem.

"I shouldn't be here with you, you know." Tessa spoke lowly to Will.

"Why is that?" He replied.

"Jem." She said simply.

"Are you guys together? No, so it doesn't matter. You're allowed to be with anyone you want now." Will remarked.

Tessa sighed. "How did I do that with you that night."

"Come on, we both knew you wouldn't take it back." She could hear the amusement in his voice.

I wouldn't.

"I would."

"It's not good to lie, Tess." Will smirked.

She rolled her eyes. "You're so irritating."

"If I'm so irritating, then why did you agree to come here with me?" He did not miss a beat.

"I could hardly say no with you hanging up a moment after you told me you were going to pick me up at seven." Tessa blushed.

"You could have called me back and told me no, but you didn't." Will smirked at her. "Admit it, Tess, you wanted to come with me here."

She felt flustered under his amused gaze and looked away from Will, who chuckled at her reaction. She hated the way he always won their bantering. He was so witty and always had a comeback to everything. It wasn't fair. Tessa wondered why she couldn't be like that. After everyone had finished dinner, dessert was then served and not much was exchanged between Tessa and Will. When finally all the eating was over, everyone dispersed from the dining room. Cecily and Gabriel disappeared and Tessa found herself following Will up to his room.

Will opened a door and held it open for Tessa. She stepped in and looked around. His bedroom walls were white, as was his bedsheets. There was a TV mounted on the wall and a small desk in the corner of the room, stacked with piles and piles of books. Even though it was quite plain, the bedroom screamed Will, though she couldn't quite place why.

"It's very you." Tessa spoke finally.

"Well, I would hope so since it is my room." She could hear the amusement in his voice.

He walked in front of her and threw himself down on his bed and pulled out his phone. Tessa only stood in front of him, awkwardly. She felt incredibly uncomfortable being in his bedroom, remembering what they had last done when they had been in a bedroom together. Sensing her discomfort, Will looked up at her.

"What's wrong, Princess? You seem tense." He smirked.

"I'm not." She lied.

Will stood up and moved towards her so they were face to face, only a few inches apart. Tessa felt her heart rate pick up, and the smell of his cologne was making her weak in the knees. They stood like that for a few moments, the tension between them raising ever higher.

"I'll only kiss you if you want me to. Only if you ask." Will whispered while leaning in, his breath tickling her cheek.

By now, Tessa's back was against the door and his was very close, but not quite touching hers.

"Please." She barely choked out, her mouth feeling dry.

"Please what?" He drawled, his lip by her left ear.

"Kiss me." Tessa whispered.

And then Will was kissing her, softly and roughly at the same time. She completely melted into his kiss, and her eyes fluttered shut. There was something about kissing him that was so other-worldly. It felt like she was being lifted in the air and spun around. His hands were gripping her waist tightly, and hers were around his neck. He moved his lips from hers down to her neck and began to kiss her there. When Tessa felt his teeth graze the sensitive skin on her neck, she breathed out loudly, holding onto him more tightly. Will moved back up to kiss her, and she responded eagerly.

God, she thought hazily, I love him.

* * *

Tell her, his mind told him. Just tell her how you feel.

Will continued to kiss Tessa, trying to ignore the voices in his head. He could barely register what the voices were saying anyways. Tessa was more addicting than any drug he had ever tried. The only way he could describe what kissing her was like, was getting high. He wished that he could kiss her forever, wanted to drown in the way she made him feel.

What are you doing? Another voice in his mind said to me. You can't have her.

A flash of memories then swirled through his mind. Memories of his father. Will abruptly broke away from Tessa without even realizing what he was doing. He turned away from her, trying to clear the painful moments from his head. Why couldn't they just leave him alone for five minutes?

"What is it, Will? What's the matter?" Tessa asked softly behind him.

Will turned back around to face her. Her delicate face was twisted into a worried expression and her cheeks were red with adrenaline. She looked so achingly beautiful and Will wanted to go back and kiss her again but a part of him wouldn't allow it.

"I think you should go." He heard himself say.

What? That wasn't he wanted. He wanted her to stay the night with him and not leave his arms until she absolutely had to. Tessa herself looked surprised as well.

"What?" She echoed.

Will tore his gaze away from her. "It's late."

"I - you drove me here." Tessa replied, seeming confused.

Will fished his car keys from his pocket and tossed them to her, which she caught with ease.

"Take my car. I'll get it from you whenever." Will said quietly.

Tessa still didn't leave. "Have I done something?"

He shook his head. "I'm just not feeling well."

He could that Tessa wasn't convinced. She only looked at him one last time and then walked out of his room without saying anything. After she was gone, Will sat down on his bed and put his face in his hands. Why did he always fuck everything up? He and Tessa had been getting along and then he had gone and ruined it. When would he stop being a total fuck up?