Chapter 6

The first week of school went by quickly, and Tessa was exhausted. It had been much more work than she had expected, and was thankful for the weekend. She had grown closer with the girls, but her relationship with Will had remained the same. He was still hot and cold with her, so she had decided to avoid contact with him as much as she could.

Currently, Tessa and everyone else in the lounge of the main building of campus.
Suddenly, Isabelle clapped her hands, startling everyone.

"Guys! We almost forgot to ask Tessa!" She exclaimed.

"Oh right!" Cecily said.

"Ask me what?" Tessa echoed.

Clary looked over at her. "We want you to join our sorority."

"You're all in a sorority?" Tessa asked, surprised.

"Alpha Delta Pi." Isabelle replied proudly. "All of our mothers were in it, too."

"I have to rush, right?" Tessa questioned.

"That's the best part. Izzy's basically like the leader of the sorority so she could just let you in, without having to." Cecily grinned.

"All the boys in a fraternity, too. Beta Theta Pi." Isabelle continued.

Tessa looked at Will, shocked. "You're in a fraternity?"

"Yeah so?" He retorted.

"You don't seem like the type." She replied.

Will scoffed. "Well, you don't seem like the sorority type either."

"Will." Cecily frowned.

"No, he's right. I'm not really the party type." Tessa said.

"It's not only partying. We all help each other study, and other things." Clary explained. "Isabelle's cousin - Tatiana - is in it, too."

At the girl's name, everyone's heads turned to look at Will, who was staring down at his phone. He looked at up at the silence, and then rolled his eyes.

"God, I'm not dating Tatiana, stop all shitting your pants. I clearly said I don't believe in love." He said, annoyed.

"You hook up with her every week." Cecily glared.

"I wish she didn't." Gabriel muttered under his breath, and Tessa realized that Tatiana was his sister.

Will only shrugged, carelessly, looking down at his phone again. Tessa felt disgust run through her at Cecily's words.

Clary turned back to Tessa. "I'm moving into our sorority house in a few weeks, so you should just join so you can come with me. There's tons of room."

"Are you allowed to just let me in like that?" Tessa looked at Isabelle.

"No, not really, but I don't care. No one will say anything." Isabelle waved it away.

She thought about it for a moment. "Okay, I'll join."

Isabelle clapped her hands excitedly, and all three girls grinned widely.

Will suddenly scoffed. "Good luck surviving all the parties, princess."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Tessa shot daggers at him.