Dream and Volunteer

Elizabeths POV

   "I am so sorry for your loss." The nurse says to me. I look at her to Selena, then back to the nurse. I looked back to Selena again. Her face was pale. She had blue lips and her eyes were closed. Tears pricked my eyes as I began screaming and sobbing at the same time. She can't be gone. She can't. She is all I have left. I ran over to the bed grabbing Selenas face in my hands.

   "Wake up Selena. Please wake up." I sobbed. "Don't you leave me Selena! I need you. Please." I yelled. I knew she wasn't waking up any time soon. "Please don't do this to me Selena. I love you so much." I grabbed her hands and laid my head on her stomach while kneeling down on my knees next to her.

   "Ma'am We need you to leave so we can take her away." The nurse said. I stared at her like she was crazy.

   "No! She isn't dead. Selena, Selena please wake up!" I screamed.

   I shot up in bed sobbing. Soon I was wrapped in someones arms though.

"Shh. I'm here now." Selena whispered to me. I looked at her before hugging her tightly.

"I-I thought that" I began before pausing. "I thought that you were g-g-gone." I stuttered.

"In fine. It was just a nightmare cupcake. I promise I'm not going anywhere." She rocked me back and forth trying to soothe me. When it didn't work she started singing to me in her angelic voice.

"You are my sunshine my only sunshine.

You make me happy when skies are grey.

You'll never know dear how much I love you.

Please don't take my sunshine away.

"The other night dear as I lay sleeping

I dreamed I held you in my arms

But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken

So I bowed my head and I cried

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are gray

You'll never know dear how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away

"I'll always love you, and make you happy

If only you could say the same

And if you leave me to love another

You will regret it all someday

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when skies are gray

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away

"I've always loved you and made you happy

And nothing else could come between

Bu-" Then I fell asleep

   When I woke up the next morning I had a terrible headache. I slowly sat up and pushed the covers off of me. I decided to go downstairs to see if Selena is awake. Well if anyone is awake. I left the room and began walking down the stairs. When I hit the last step I smelled bacon. I followed the smell into the kitchen where I saw Selena alone at the stove.

   "Good morning." I tried to speak but it came out as a whisper. I must have lost my voice from crying.

   "Morning. How you feeling?"

   "I have a terrible headache and no voice." I whispered. She handed me a bottle of pills she got from the drawer next to her.

   "Take one of them and your headache will be gone soon." She smiled at me. I got a small glass of water to down the pill. It left a sour taste in my mouth that I couldn't get rid of so I grabbed a piece of bacon. I finished it before I pushed myself up onto the counter to sit.

   "Thanks for singing to me last night. It calmed me down a lot." I whispered. She smiled at me before replying.

   "It was no problem. You better eat up before the boys wake up though." I nodded and grabbed a plate. I sat it down on the counter when I heard footsteps. I turned to see a little bit of Harrys face but Selena pulled me into her hiding my face. "Harry go put on some damn clothes. I don't want you to scar my little sister." She hissed. I heard the footsteps leaving quickly and Selena let go of me. "Sorry about that."

   "It is ok. Thanks for covering my eyes before I saw." My voice was all squeaky but slowly coming back. "Sorry about my freak out last night. I had a dream that you had. um passed. So I woke up crying." I explained.

   "It is fine cupcake. What are big sisters for if they can't comfort you when you are upset?" She smiled. She is in an oddly good mood.

   "Why are you so happy?" I asked.

   "Because. I woke up and remembered my little sister was going to be here for a week." She told me still smiling. "I'm really happy you wanted to spend time with me." She explained. So I am why she is so happy. That makes me feel good. "I love you sis." She said pulling me into a hug.

   "I love you too. More than you know." I told her. Then Harry walked in and awed at us. Selena flipped him off making me laugh.

   "We are having a small local concert tonight. There are only about fifty fans that were able to win the contest to come to our concert. Are you guys coming?" He asked.

   "Sure. What time does it start?" Selena asked.

   "7 p.m."

   "Ok. Do you want to go somewhere with me today?" She asked me.

   "Sure where?" I asked.

   "Well. I'm not sure if you will actually want to go after I tell you. I decided to volunteer at the childrens cancer center. If you want to come you can or you can stay here with the boys." She told me. I was smiling ear to ear.

   "I would love to go! Can I borrow some clothes?"

   "Sure. We leave in a hour. Lets go look at my clothes." She said. I hopped off the counter to follow her. We left right when Niall and Liam came in.

   "Well Bye!" Niall yelled after us.

   "Just be quiet because Louis is still sleeping." She told me as we entered the room. We walked straight to the walk in closet that had tons of clothes in it. "Here are all of my clothes." She pointed to a wall. I chose my outfit and so did Selena. (Outfit on side)

   "Ok lets go!" I said getting excited. I love kids. Now that my sister has cancer I realize how terrible it is for their families. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to be the person who has cancer. Being sick all the time. Always being in the hospital.

   "Are you sure you want to go?" I nodded my head. "Ok then. You look cute by the way." She said. We walked out of the closet and Louis was still sleeping. Selena wrote him a note and sat it on her pillow next to him. Then we walked downstairs to her car.

   "Wait! I have my voice back! I just realized that." I said happily.

Selena POV

   We got to the childrens cancer center. I got so excited. I want to try and help these kids because I know what they are going through even though mine hasn't been that bad. When you have cancer you live with so much pressure. Going through chemo, going bald, fighting cancer, and possibly dying. That is a lot for kids to handle. They honestly are my heroes. They inspire me to keep going with my life without being upset about it. I can not wait to get in here and meet these kids and help out!