Ruth

Selenas POV (Her outfit on side)

   "Hi. I'm Ruth. What's your name?" A little girl asked me. She was definitely making bald beautiful. She is so pretty.
   "I'm Selena. It's nice to meet you." I said to her.
   "Will you be my friend?" She asked me without double thinking it.
   "Of course I'll be your friend! How old are you Ruth?"
   "I'm nine." She told me.
   "Well. You are very pretty." I told he smiling. She smiled up at me.
   "Can I give you a nickname?" She asked me. I pretended like I was thinking about it before I began to smile at her.
   "Sure. What is my nickname?" I asked her. She took her time to think about it before a big grin spread across her face. She looked at me like she had the best idea ever.
   "Your nickname will be Lena. It is so much easier to say than your full name." She said really excited. She got really happy about that. "Want to come back to my room to play?"
   "Sure. Just let me tell my sister. Maybe she wants to come with us. What room are you in?" I asked her.
   "213." She told me.
   "Ok. I'll be there in a second." She ran off down the hallway. I found my Lizzy next to the vending machines. "Hey cupcake. Do you want to come meet Ruth?" I asked. Her face lit up as she nodded. "Ok. To room 213." I said. We started walking down the hall until we found room 213. I knocked on the door to make sure it was ok to come in.
   "It is open." I heard Ruth yell. I opened the door walking in with Lizzy following me. I looked around to find Ruth. She was sitting on the floor playing with some dolls.
   "Hey Ruth! This is my sister Elizabeth." I said to her.
   " Hi Ruth!"
   "Hi! Can I give you a nickname?" She asked Lizzy.
   "Sure. What is it going to be?" She asked. Ruth grinned at her while thinking about the nicknames. When she picked one her grin grew.
   "I think I like Liz." She smiled up at us. "Do you want to play?" She asked. I looked and realized they were One Direction dolls.
   "Sure. So you like One Direction?" I asked he as me and Liz sit on the floor with her.
   "Yes! OhMyGosh I love them!" She gushed. I smiled at Liz knowing we were thinking the same thing. We just nodded at each other.
   "Who is your favorite?" Liz asked. Ruth blushed a little before answering.
   "Niall and Harry!" She got excited again. I pulled out my phone to text them.

To: Hazza - Leprechaun

Hey are you guys busy?

From: Hazza

No we are all just sitting on the couch. Why?

To: Hazza- Leprechaun

Im at the childrens cancer center. We met a girl named Ruth and She is a huge fan. I was wondering if some of you would come down here to make a little girl with cancers day.

   I waited for them to respond. When they finally did I was overjoyed.

From: Leprechaun

We will all be there in 15. What room?

To: Hazza - Leprechaun

OMG!!! Thank you guys so much! Room 213. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!

   I put my phone back in my pocket. Lizzy looked at me biting her lip nervously. I smiled and nodded making her smile back at me.
   "So Ruth. Where are your parents?" I asked.
   "They went to lunch about an hour ago they shou-" She was cut off by her parents walking in the room. Liz and I stood up to greet them.
   "Can I talk to you outside please?" I asked and they nodded. We walked to the hallway. "I'm Selena. This is Lizzy my sister, We met Ruth today and she wanted to play." I explained worried.
   "Ohh It is fine. I'm just glad she met someone who would play with her. I'm Joyce Clarkson. This is my husband Rob."
    "Well it is great to meet you I have a surprise for Ruth. We are friends with one of her favorite band, One Direction." They nodded saying that they knew who they were. "Well they are on their way to come here and meet Ruth." I said nervously. Their faces lit up which made me relax a little.
   "She is going to be so happy! Can I ask you something though?" Rob asked.
   "Shoot!" I told him.
   "Did you shave your head for cancer awareness or something." He asked. I smiled at him a little bit. I took a deep breath before answering.
   "A little while ago I was diagnosed with Leukemia." I told them.
   "Ohh. Well it is sweet of you to care so much about these kids." Joyce said. Then I saw all five boys walking towards. My smile turned into a grin as I waved at them. When they reached us I hugged each of them.
   "Thank you guys so much for coming to meet her."
   "It is no problem. We want to meet her!" Zayn said.
    I peeked my head in Ruths door. "Hey Ruth. Can some of my friends come in? They really want to meet you."
   "Sure!" I motioned for the boys to follow me. Her mom video taped it.
   "Boys meet Ruth. Ruth. I think you know who they are." She looked up and saw the boys. Tears gathered in her eyes. She grinned hugely.
   "You're. You're One Direction. But...How?" She asked smiling hugely.
   "Selena and Liz are our friends. Selena texted us that you were a fan and asked for us to come down." Harry said. Ruth ran to me and wrapped me in a hug. I hugged her back.
   "Go hug the boys. They came down here just for you Ruth." I told her. The smile on her face as each boy hugged her made me feel great. I just made a little girls day.

Sorry it is kind of short. I have a headache from writing today with no sleep. I will be writing more when my headache goes away. The story is going to end soon so it will be a little rushed. I want to start writing new books and I haven't been getting any feedback on this. It literally has no comments through the whole book so I don't know what you think or how you feel about it. There will only be a few more chapters before the epilogue. Love you all.
XoXo Katie