Chapter 1 ~ We All Fall Down

August 16th, 2016.

"Uggh! I'm late for orientation! If it wasn't for the last-minute booty call from Landon. My body can't resist him and now thanks to him I'm late for orientation. I was butthurt in more ways than one", I thought to myself.

My name is Alex Sparks. I'm 22. I will now attend Harvard University. Today's orientation, there's a brief orientation, and students are shown to their dorms. I hope I don't get some asshole roommate. They separate guys from girls so I'll have to act "straight" for now. I'll be a freshman and it all starts with being 20 minutes late.

I quickly park and exit the car only to fall face-first on the ground. One really shouldn't walk after sex like that. I guess breakup sex was the last sex it had to be the best. I slowly get up and notice everyone pointing and looking at me. What a first impression. Some noob falls face first.

I ask around for the Lecture Hall and eventually found it. 30 minutes had now passed as I slowly open the door and to my shitty luck, the door made the loudest creaking sound as I enter. The Lecture Hall was huge with stairs leading to your seats but what caught my attention was the attention of everyone else, all their eyes were on me. I was 30 minutes late so ita expected.

I slowly made my way down the long steps to find a seat. I carefully walk but then felt a hard smack on my ass, the pain of that shot pushed my forward as I fell rolling down the stairs as I hear sudden gasps. I reach the bottom and heard distant chatters. Now my entire body pained. I stood on all fours as my eyes notice feet in front of me.

I then look up and notice a man standing before me with the most annoyed look on his face.

"Quite an entrance for a latecomer", he says enraged.

"Sorry. My grandma died", I say lying.

"Oh? My condolences. Are you okay?", he says in a calm voice.

"Thank you, sir. I'm fine", I smile.

"Good, I'm principal Morris, now go find a seat", he commands.

"Yes sir", I reply freezing up.

U scurry along to find a seat, everyone gave me the death stare when I tried to sit next to them.

"Yo dude", a voice calls out.

I then notice a guy waving at me. He wore a tight black t-shirt and skin-tight jeans. I move closer and notice an empty seat next to him. He was a very fine specimen. He bad messed up hair and the most gorgeous blue eyes and wore a kind smile. I then went ahead and sat next to him.

"That was the funniest fall I've ever seen. Are you okay?", he teases.

"Yeah, someone smacked my ass. I was surprised and leaned forward and fell", I explain.

"That girl", he says pointing at a girl sitting in the top row.

She then notices us looking and gave us a rape smile.

"Looks like she's into you", he laughs.

"Looks like it", I say cringing.

"I'm Kyle", he says.

"I'm Alex", I reply.

"Let's be friends Alex. That fall killed your reputation", he teased.

"Yes. Sure, Alex. Let's be friends", I smile.

"You're Alex. I'm Kyle", he says laughing.

"Sorry. My brain hasn't revived yet after that fall", I laugh.

"And that concludes your Orientation. Classes start in one week. Come to the front and the teachers will give you the room you're assigned to", says Principal Morris as he gives us the death stare.

"Let's go", says Kyle.

"Yeah. Let's go", I say crossing my fingers hoping I don't get an asshole roommate.

"Kyle", a girl yells.

"Sorry, Alex. I gotta go. Catch you later?", he says.

"Sure", I say as I see him off.

Damn that boy was fine!!!!

"God. Please let me be roommates with that boy", I pray.

God would probably reply,"No Heathen!" and send me back to Hell.

I sat back down in my seat waiting for the crowd to clear up. My phone then started ringing. It was Landon.

Landon: Hey babe. How was it?

Alex: I was thirty minutes late and I fell down the stairs. It was embarrassing. I stuck out like a sore thumb.

L: Haha typical Alex, super clumsy and adorable.

A: I'd like to think of it as I'm a certified gravity tester. What's up Landon?

L: Landon? I've been downgraded from babe to Landon?

A: Well we did break up.

L: For a good reason. The long-distance relationship won't be good for us.

A: You're right. I guess it's fine.

L: Good. I gotta go now. I called to check up on you.

A: Thanks, babe. I'm doing well.

L: Call you later?

A: Sure. Talk later.

He then hung up as I notice the crowd getting smaller. Landon and I had a sexual relationship that never really felt right. I was the romantic type. I guess we always fought with each other which was never good. He'd often make me cry but I couldn't leave him... I just ... couldn't...

I then made my way slowly down the stairs trying not to fall again, I then walk up to the teacher.

"Name?", she asks.

"Alex Sparks", I reply.

"Alex Sparks. Room 68", she says as she hands me a key.

"Thank you", I smile.

"You're welcome. Don't lose the key", she warned.

I then headed to my car to get my stuff. I bought a shitload of stuff and took it up to my room. Took 30 minutes to get everything up to my room but eventually, I did. My roommate hadn't arrived yet so I took the bed closer to the window, the other bed was located to the other side of the room. There was one bathroom and in another room was a small kitchen.

I start unpacking as I heard the door open, I slowly turn around and there he was.

"Alex!", says Kyle in surprise.

"Kyy. Kyyle", I say stuttering as my heart started beating faster.

"You're my roommate? What a coincidence", he smiles.

"See you've already taken your bed.", he says.

"Yeah. I hope you don't mind.", I say.

"Oh no, it's fine. I freeze easily and the window by the bed will be cold", he says.

"Babe you forgot your room key in my bag", says a girl as she enters.

"Oh sorry, babe. Must've forgotten it there", says Kyle.

"Oh, you must be the roommate. I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you", she smiles as she extends her hand.

"Alex meet my girlfriend" he smiles as my heart sank.