Chapter 15 ~ The Art of Lying

I sat there silent for a bit.

"So public image. You think you can do that Alex?", he says.

"Yes sir", I say as I snap back to reality.

"Now. Run along to class.", he says as he dismisses me.

I head outside the office to see Dean standing at the door. I try not to look at him as I hurry along.

"See you soon Alex", he whispers as I brought a chill to my spine.

I hurry to class but I wasn't able to focus all day. The day was then over and I decided to stop by Angel's bar but Kyle stopped me.

"Are you okay? You seemed to be zoning out all day. Did the mayor say something to you?", asked Kyle.

"Oh no I'm fine just a little out of it", I say to him.

"Where are you headed now?", Kyle asked.

"To Angel's bar. I need to see Stefan", I say.

"Okay. Have fun. I'm gonna hang out with Jess and Alex, the mayor is the type of man that plays a dirty game. Be careful", he says as I head off.

What exactly am I getting myself into? Was I prepared for this battle?

It was 5 PM and I headed straight for Angel's bar, I enter and was greeted by Angel.

"Your first day sucked and now you came to drink?", asks Angel.

"No I need to speak with Stefan", I say.

"Oh? He's in the kitchen. Go ahead", says Angel.

I enter the kitchen to see Stefan chatting with the chef, he smiled and looked so peaceful and lit up even more when he saw me. He's at work, I guess it isn't fair to break his concentration now. I think bringing up that topic now might cause his mentality to stray.

"Hey Juliet", he says as he walks up to me smiling.

"Hey Stefan, what time will your shift be over?", I said.

"At 10 PM", he smiled.

"Awesome. I'll hang around till you're done?", I say.

"Yeah I'd like that", he says.

He led me to the VIP area as I sat, the music blared but I didn't feel like dancing. Angel then came up to me.

"You found out didn't you?", asks Angel.

"About what?", I ask.

"His father", says Angel handing me a drink.

"Yeah I did", I say.

"I see, that's why you look so down, I'll be back", says Angel as I gulped.

Stefan then came along to the table with a confused look on his face.

"Angel said I can go home", says Stefan.

"Really?", I say surprised.

"Well I shouldn't question it, let's go", he says as he extends his hand.

I took his hand but let go when we left the club, Stefan gave me a confused look cause I let go.

"Where are we going?", I ask.

"To my apartment", he says.

"I don't usually have sex until the 7th date", I tease.

"Well you'll have to make an exception", he teased back.

We hurry along to his apartment, it wasn't far from the bar, we enter his apartment. It was quite spacious, bigger than my apartment.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, make yourself at home", he smiled as he kissed my forehead.

I sat on the couch awaiting his return, he then came out wearing just his boxers and sat next to me.

"So what's up?", he smiled.

"We need to talk Mr. Summers", I say.

"Oh", he says as his face got gloomy but I held his hand.

"Talked to your dad today, he told me a few things and he said to call your mom", I say.

"What did he say?", he asks.

"He told me the reason you were kicked out of school", I sigh.

"Oh cause I was gay and that shamed him so he wanted to get rid of me?", asks Stefan.

"No... He told me you fucked half the school just to get back at him", I say to which Stefan burst out laughing.

"That man will be the death of me", he says as he smiled.

"So it's a lie?", I ask.

"Yes, Juliet. You shouldn't believe anything my father tells you, he's the world's most compulsive liar", says Stefan.

"I see... What happened Stefan", I ask as he let out a sigh.

"Well...", he gulps.

"I know you don't want to talk about it but your father is the head of staff and he can make my life a living hell, I'd at least like to know why", I say.

"My father found out I was gay and tried everything to try to change me but it was who I am, he said he had such high hopes for me and I just shattered his dreams, he eventually gave up trying to change me but I had already started rebelling, he kicked me out of the house and then kicked me out of school. I was so close to graduating.. and he just ...", he says gulping.

"What about your mom? Didn't she try to stop him?", I ask.

"My mother is the most manipulated of all. You think my father is bad but that woman, she's the epitome of a demon", he says with rage in his eyes.

"I'm sorry to bring them up. I just want to understand", I say.

"It's okay. Just be careful around them and never ever believe anything coming out of their mouths", he says as he rests his head on my shoulder.

"I won't", I say as I played with his hair.

"My family has perfected the Art of Lying", he says as he grabs my arm.

He quickly fell asleep on my shoulders while I play with his hair. He was immediately awoken as his phone rang, "Mom calling" popped up as he sighed.

"I should answer shouldn't I?", he asks.

"If you talk to her then maybe she'll leave you alone", I say.

He then excused himself to his room and answered the call. I waited on the couch as he came back out with a frustrated look on his face.

"What did she say?", I ask.

"Nothing I didn't already know she would say", he sighs.

"Have you eaten? Let's get you something to eat", I say as he sat down with a gloomy look.

"I'm not hungry babe", he says.

"Babe?", I say blushing.

"I never did ask did I?", he smiled.

"You didn't", I tease.

"Well now is about the right time as any, would you like to be my boyfriend Alex", he smiled.

"Yes. I'd like that Stefan", I replied blushing.

Was this the beginning of something beautiful? With the biggest thorn in the side that is the Summers' Family how will Alex overcome them and get the fairytale ending with Romeo?