Chapter 37 ~ I Wish You Well.

Note: Forbidden Love and Fate will be concluded in Chapter 40.

I played with Alexander so much that he fell asleep. The little guy tires himself out. Such an adorable little guy.

About an hour later Kyle and Jessica came home. Jessica had a sad look on her face, as expected.

"Hope he didn't give you a hard time", says Kyle as he walks up to us.

"Nope, he was the best. I love this little guy", I say.

"I forgot you don't have your stuff here. Jessica bought you a toothbrush. We can go get your stuff later", he says to me.

"Will that be okay?", i ask.

"Yeah, it's fine. I also want to apologize for last night", he says cringing.

I can tell by that look in his eyes that he was lying, you never could lie to me, Kyle.
I guess it's the thought that counts?  Yeah no... deep down that's quite hurtful. Saying something and not meaning it is a different story but you'll get this one pass, Kyle...

"Thanks, Kyle", I say trying to smile but it looked so fake.

"I'm gonna head out babe", says Jessica as she kissed Kyle.

"I'll get a sitter and be there soon", says Kyle as he kisses her.

"No babe. You're in charge of the Firm", she says as she kisses him goodbye.

She then left as Kyle had a worried look on his face.

"I'm gonna brush then head back to the hotel", i say to Kyle.

"Yeah", was all he said.

I headed up to the bathroom and brushed up then headed back downstairs and found Kyle on the couch.

"Eat your breakfast", he says to me as I head to the table and eat my breakfast.

"You sure hate me don't you?", I say to him as I eat my bacon.

"I really do", he says as he sighs.

"I thought by now you'd be over that Kyle", I say to him.

"You're supposed to hate me Alex so I can't understand why you're here right now", he says to me.

"Why do you want me to hate you Kyle?", I ask.

"I've been doing so well without you Alex. It's been so hard on me since you left. I suffered from that for so long! The person that came for me wasn't you Alex. It was Jessica. You didn't come... I pulled myself together and started looking towards the future. I don't need waltzing in here complicating things!", he says to me which kinda hurt a little.

My chest started hurting. It hurt so bad because he was right. I really shouldn't be here... I'm just complicating things aren't I? Maybe you don't need saving Kyle... I don't think there's really much I can do for you...

"I'll be out of your chest", I say trying to hide the hurt in my voice.

I then take the plate of food and put it in the sink.

I'm sorry Jessica but I think Kyle is beyond saving. I think he's reached a point that he can't return from. This is Kyle now, I think we just have to accept that, I'm sorry Jessica.

I then head back into the living room and saw Alexander had woken up, he saw me and immediately crawled and grabbed onto my leg. I pick him up as he giggles and laugh and pulled my hair.

Kyle then took him out of my hands and rested him in his playpen.

"Come on Alexander. Alex needs to go", says Kyle to Alexander as he starts crying.

"Kyle", I say but he ignores me.

"Just go", says Kyle as he looked away.

"I'm sorry for the trouble. Take care of yourself", I say as my voice breaks.

"That's what I've been doing all this time", he says to me.

I then left and closed the door. It felt like my chest was about to explode. Seeing you brought back all these memories Kyle. Memories that I can never forget. I'm sorry I let you down Kyle.. but I guess it's better this way, me here really could complicate things. I can drop dead at any minute.
I then called a taxi and headed back to the hotel. I guess I'll drown myself in that Lady Gaga concert tonight.  

~Kyle PoV~
Alex... I hate you so much..... that's what I tell myself... that's what I want to believe but in all reality I truly do love you, seeing you now brought that back. I love you, Alex. That has never changed but that's all it can be. I'm married now. I have a child. You're too late Alex and what I've learned about time is that it waits for no one. This situation has always been so complicated even from day one. This complication is something we can't run from.

It's like you said, we don't have forever, it's just temporary, everything's temporary but my future and my child's future is at stake. I rather hurt you than hurt my family. I had to choose between you and my family. I always chose you but you didn't choose me... You ran Alex... you ran far away from me. I can't forgive you for that, I can't forgive you for abandoning me. The first time you didn't say goodbye you left. I then found you again and you let me go. Now you're back for the third time... but this time I won't be so weak...

I was confused before when I  saw you and didn't know how to react but now I can think clearly. I'm sorry Alex but I don't need you in my life. I need to focus on my family and my loved ones and I'm afraid your longer part of that. Seeing you brought back memories that I want to forget... with time I'm sure it'll fade away just like it did before.
Goodbye Alex. I wish you well...