Chapter 20 ~ Trust

"Alex. Wake up", says Kyle's voice as he poked me.

I then sprung up hitting Kyle with my head as he falls off the bed. I was sweating profusely and my body was shaking.

"Oh my god. Are you okay?", I say to Kyle as he rises from the ground.

"I should be asking you that. Are you okay Alex? I'm sorry about punching you. I did a stupid thing without finding out why you slapped her", says Kyle as he hops back onto the bed.

"She called you a dog on a leash, when I heard that I got so mad and I automatically slapped her without thinking. I was so mad at her for saying that about you", I say as I continue to shake.

"You stood up for me?", says Kyle as he comes closer to me.

"I did", I say as he hugged me.

"You were shaking and yelling in your sleep. Are you okay?", asks Kyle.

"Yeah I had a bad dream", I say as he hugs me.

His warmth stopped me from shaking. Kyle has this weird effect on me, it's like one hug from him and I automatically feel better, it's different from Stefan's hug.

"I'm really sorry I hit you Alex", says Kyle as he hugs me tighter.

"It's okay.", I say.

Was it really okay? Maybe I said that to make him feel better but it's far from okay Kyle.

"Are we cool?", he asks.

"Yeah we're cool", I say.

"I'll get you an ice pack for your face", says Kyle.

"We don't have ice packs", I say.

"I brought a few on my way home", says Kyle as he returns with an ice pack and holds it up to my face.

"You don't have to do that", I say.

"I want to. I caused this", he says with a sad look on his face.

"I got suspended", I say as his eyes widen.

"No. I'll talk to the principal. Maybe he'll lift the suspension", says Kyle.

"It's already done", I sigh.

"I'm really sorry Alex", he says.

"It's fine", I say as he holds up the ice pack.

"Jessica is mad and demands an apology", says Kyle as he sighs.

"Like that'll ever happen", I scoff.

"Do you mind fake apologizing to her? She's like a different person when she's in rage mode", says Kyle.

"Why would I do that? I have no reason to apologize. I don't regret slapping her", I say.

"I know but she's my girlfriend and you're just my friend", he says.

"Just your friend?", I ask a little offended by the way he said that.

"Jessica is still my girlfriend. We've been through a lot together and I still love her", said Kyle.

"Even after she called you a dog?", I say.

"There's a lot you don't know about me and Jessica, it's a lot more complicated than you could imagine", says Kyle.

"Then simplify it, I refuse to apologize to her", I say.

"Alex would you please do me this one favor?", asks Kyle.

"No. I can't. I won't turn my back on something I strongly believe in", I say.

"You don't understand. Jessica tends to get even. You got her mad she will come after you Alex", says Kyle.

"She already got even and I'm not afraid of her", I say to Kyle.

"What do you mean she's already gotten even. What aren't you telling me?", says Kyle.

"We're fighting. She has won.", I sigh.

"You're right. I guess her way of getting even is by making both of us hate each other", sighs Kyle.

"I don't hate you Kyle", I say.

"I don't hate you either Alex.", I say.

"What are we going to do about this?", I ask.

"I can't side with you, Alex. Jessica is my girlfriend", says Kyle as she sighs.

"That's fine but what about our friendship?", I ask.

"I don't know Alex.", says Kyle.

"I can't apologize for slapping your girlfriend, she disrespected you and I took care of it", I say.

"That wasn't up to you to take care of it, you could've just let it go Alex, and walk away", says Kyle.

"Instinct took over. I was defending my friend", I say.

"I know you think I'm being unreasonable Alex but I need Jessica, there's a reason I can't let go of her... Yet", says Kyle.

"Why don't you tell me that reason? Maybe I can understand", I say.

"It's a personal matter that even I cant discuss with you, it's something darker than you can imagine Alex. It's personal", says Kyle.

"Friends trust each other Kyle", I say to him.

"Not with something like this Alex, trust me.", says Kyle.

"Trust?", I scoff.

"I'm going to Jessica. She's waiting for your apology, I'll talk to her. I'll try to get her to calm down", says Kyle as I remain silent.

Kyle then left the apartment and I sat on the bed. What's so serious that he can't tell me? What's this reason he speaks off? I guess he has his reasons and I have mines. I can't apologize to her cause I don't believe it's right. Someone needed to shut that girl up and I'll be the one to do it, she can't keep doing this to people. Her blackmail stops now.

I guess part of the job of the 'boyfriend' is to stand up for your significant other. Stefan would stand up for me, I guess it's the same way Kyle would stand up for Jessica. I can't understand it, he has his reasons, I won't pry further into it, I guess I have no other choice but to trust him.

Is this really okay?