Chapter 33 ~ Born to Die

I stand there as Kyle cried knowing I couldn't do anything.

"It's really over?", he asks.

"I'm sorry Kyle. I can't hurt you", I say to him as he immediately stopped crying.

"You hurt me when you left me and never had the common decency to tell me. I found you and came back and now you're telling me to stay away. You're right Alex. You can't hurt me", says Kyle with this rage in his eyes.

"Kyle.. i..", I say as I grab his shoulder but he swats my hand away.

"You deserve to die", he says with a lifeless look in his eyes as he walks away and I stand there shocked.

He headed back inside as he wiped his eyes.

"Come on we're leaving", says Kyle to Jessica as she looks at me and mouths 'I'm sorry'.

Kyle and Jessica then left as he slammed the door.

"Son, are you okay?", says my father as he rushes to my side.

"I'm fine. Just gimme a moment", I say to him as a tear escapes my eye.

My heart was racing. I felt so scared. We're we really born just to die?

You've accomplished exactly what you came here to do Kyle.
I then sighed and headed back inside.

The mood of the party changed. They all have me this sorry puppy dog look, it was like if none of them had anything to say to me.

"I like cake", I say to them as they stare.

"Oh right yes, we have cake", says my father as he gets the cake.

They lit up the candles as they all sang me Happy Birthday. I felt like I was 10 again. They all came all the way here to see me so I can't show them how sad I truly am. I can do that on my own time.

I spent the rest of the evening conversing with them all. Daniel and Chase looked so happy to see me. They are so cute together. Angel and Dean looked intimidating as always but they were really nice guys.

The party was then over as everyone headed back home. I exchanged contacts with them before they left.

They all were gone and I was alone. My father fell asleep on the couch. I go to the balcony as I star gaze. Little did I know this was the last time I'd ever stand here.

Maybe Kyle was right. Maybe I do deserve to die. I mean i hurt him in an unforgivable way and there's no repentance for that, I ran away. I ran away from him and i never came back. Is that why you hate me Kyle or do you hate me because you came back and nothing changed?  Either way, there are so many reasons for you to hate me.

"Son are you okay?", says my father as he rubs his eyes.

"Yeah I'm okay", I say.

"You know I have to take you back to the hospital now", he says with a sad face.

"Yeah", I sigh as I stare at the ocean one last time before I go back to the hospital.

"Don't tell the doctor you ate cake", says my father as he leads me to the car.

"I won't", I smile. 

We head back to the hospital as the doctor welcomed me back.

I then fall asleep as my dad left. He had bad news. He had to leave the country for a few days because of his job so I was gonna be all alone for the time being. I guess I'd rather be alone than to have people here worrying about me. Those sad glances I everyone's eyes today. It's something I don't want to see again...

I'm sick... I know it... people know it... so they gave me these puppy dog eyes when they look at me...

I fall asleep with Kyle on my mind. For the first time in a very long time, I had that dream I dreaded for so long but this time was different... I woke up in the car and found my mother in the front seat but my father wasn't there. I made my way outside to see him standing in the middle of the highway.  I looked around for Kyle's parent's car but it wasn't there. 

"Dad", I say.

"Oh hello son", says my father as he looked at me and smiled.

"What's going on? Where's Kyle's parent's car?", I ask.

"I don't know.  It's your dream my boy", he says as he brushes the shards of glass from my forehead.

"I'm confused", I say as he stares at me.

"I love you son. I loved you the day you were born and I will always love you no matter what and so did your mother, that woman loved you so much", he says.

"I know dad. Why are you telling me this?", i ask.

"I just want you to know you're not alone. You may feel alone but you're never alone", he says as he smiles and a tear falls out his eye.

"I love you too daddy", I say as I hug him.

"Be good, okay?", he says as he ruffles my hair and looks behind me.

I then turned around to see my mother extending her hand.

"Mommy", I say crying as I extend my hand to her.

"Nope", my father says grabbing my hand.

"What?", i ask.

"You stay here. Stand here, my boy. Don't move", he says as he smiles.

He then got up and walked towards her. His smile was so pure as he extended his hands to her as she smiled and took his hand. They both then disappeared as I jump out and fall onto the concrete floor.

"Mommy! Daddy!", I cry and scream.

I was then jolted awake and started breathing heavily.

"Alex. Are you okay?", says Dr. Morris.

"Yes I'm fine", I say.

"I have to do some tests on you.", she says.

"Okay", I say catching my breath.

She gave me a blood test and checked my blood pressure and ran a couple more tests one after the other.

"Your blood pressure is high", she says as she gave me a pill.

"Is everything okay?", I ask as she looked very agitated.

"Everything's fine Alex. Get some rest", she smiles as she left the room.

She then returned an hour later after I had breakfast.

"I'm testing your blood pressure again ", she says looking more agitated from this morning.

What's going on? Why does she look so sad?

"Your blood pressure is fine", she says as she takes a deep breath.

"Yes. Thank you", I smiled.

"I'm afraid I have distressing news", she says.

"It's my health isn't it?", I say.

"Alex. Your father was involved in a vehicular accident that took his life", she said grabbing her doctor's coat hard, she almost looked like she'd burst into tears.

I sit there in pure shock. That hit me like a truck head-on...

This darn life. Are we really just born to die... is that really it? Isn't there more to this? You can wake up one day and find your life was turned upside down... what do you do then? You recover... but what happens when it happens again .... and again... This life continues to test me and I'm failing every test... I've reached my limit... I give up. It was then the Clock of Fate had finally stopped.