Chapter 24 ~ Blissfully Unaware

It was about 6 PM and id decided to head back to the dorms. I had a fun day with Stefan, I seriously can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him, forever doesn't seem like it'll be enough.

I walk through the corridor of my apartment as I grab my keys to unlock the door only to find it was already open. I slowly enter as I see Kyle sitting on my bed.

"Finally", he says as he gets up.

"Kyle... What are you doing here?", I ask surprised.

"I waited all day for you", he says.

"You waited here all day? You could've called me and told me you were here", I say to him.

"I thought you were probably with Stefan so I didn't want to bother you", he says.

"I see... Well do you miss me already?", I tease.

"Alex... I never made many friends, I don't like keeping people too close to me, it always gives them a chance to hurt me so I keep my distance but I can tell you can be an amazing friend to me", says Kyle.

"Are you going to propose to me?", I tease.

"You'd like that won't you?", he teased back.

"Maybe", I laughed.

"Idiot. I'm here to say, I may be away but I'm always here, whenever you need me. I'll come running.", he says as he walks up and hugs me.

"What brought this on?", I say surprised as he hugs me.

"It's always good to tell people how you feel because there may not be a tomorrow so we have to live for today", he says as he holds me.

"You're so gay Kyle", I whisper to him as I hug him.

"I'm only gay for you Alex", he says to me.

"You must be starving. Have you eaten?", I say to him.

"Nope, not yet. I'm sure Jessica might make something later", says Kyle.

"At least let me feed you", I say to him.

"Sure why not", he smiled.

I headed to the kitchen.

"Pasta?", I say to him.

"Sure sounds yummy. I'll help", he says.

"That would be awesome", I smile.

"What would you like me to do chef?", he asks.

"There's parmesan in the fridge. Mind cutting them up?", I say to him.

"Very well chef", he smiled as I put the linguine to boil.

"I'm gonna head to the shower. I'll be back shortly", I say to him.

"Do you maybe need help with that?", he teased.

"No I'll be fine", I tease back.

As much as I don't mind Kyle inside me again, I just had my hole destroyed by Stefan and I guess if I want a future with Stefan then these friends with benefits thing might be a bother.

I took a quick shower and headed back out to see Kyle sitting on the bed with that gloomy expression on his face that he wears so well.

"Are you okay?", I ask.

"Yeah. How are you doing?", he asks.

"I'm good. I'm going back to school on Monday", I say as sit next to him.

"Say, Alex. Do you believe in fate?", he says as he rests his head on my shoulder.

"I can honestly say I don't", I say to him.

"That's a shame. Fate is a beautiful thing but sometimes it's so complicated and can turn into something repulsive", he says as he starts shaking.

"Hey, what's going on?", I say as I hug him and he stops shaking.

"It's nothing, in particular, I'm just gonna miss living with you", he says.

"Then stay", I say to him.

"I'm afraid I can't. I'm so close to my end-goal with Jessica. Walking away now would the worst possible thing to do in this situation", he sighs.

"Tell me what's going on", I whisper to him.

"I can't yet but I will very soon", he says.

"Okay, let's strain the pot and continue cooking?", I say to him.

"Yeah, let's", he smiles.

We made the pasta as we sat on the couch and ate it together while watching tv, he left the tv there so I wouldn't be bored, which was quite thoughtful of him.

"Just remember. I'm not going anywhere. You know where I live, you have my number and we're in the same school. Call me whenever you'd like to hang", I say as he smiled.

"You truly are a great friend to me Alex", he smiled as I blushed.

"The pleasure is all mines", I say blushing.

"I'm afraid I have to go now, Jessica is probably throwing a tantrum", he says as I see him out.

"We should do this again sometime buddy", I tease.

"Sure buddy", he laughed as he headed out the door.

I then jumped into bed as I hug my pillow. Kyle is a nice guy, he seems so kind but he also looks so depressed. That sadness behind his eyes, it's like he'd just burst out crying. How long can you keep this charade up? Something tells me I could help him but is it truly my place to?

I then started thinking about my future with Stefan and decided to text him.

Alex ~ Hey Romeo ~9:15 PM

I waited for a bit but he didn't reply. Maybe he's busy? I then started to crave him wishing he was here with me. Is this love? Is this what love feels like? This intense feeling...

I then cuddle with my pillow as I fall into a deep slumber, blissfully unaware fate had already made its move and it was in full effect...