Chapter 19 ~ Lost Memories

~Character Image: Stefan & Dean~

"What are you doing here?", I say as Dean made his way down to me.

"Can't I check up on my brother in law?", says Dean as he sat next to me.

"Um...", was all I was able to say.

"Relax Alex. That was quite the slap you gave Jessica", he says.

"You saw?", I ask.

"Yes. I applauded from the background", he says as he rests his feet in the water.

"Why?", I asked surprised.

"I dated Jessica back in the day, she had Kyle at the time but she was cheating on him with me. I didn't know she had a boyfriend. Let's just say I found out and she took things way too far, for that reason my father hates her, she broke my heart", says Dean.

"Oh. I didn't know you have one of those", I say to him as he chuckled.

"I'm not a bad guy Alex.", says Dean.

"Why don't I believe that I mean your father kicked Stefan out of the house cause he was gay, did you even stick up for your brother?", I ask.

"Is that what he told you?", asks Dean.

"Is it false?", I ask.

"Back in the day, Stefan and I were inseparable, most people called us the brothers of destruction, we both had a bad temper back then and would punish those who opposed us. Stefan used to take things a little too far. We both calmed down now, it was just a phase. Stefan seems to have calmed down a lot. He never knew what love was so he preferred to be alone, until he met you. He seems to be showing a lot of interest in you but do be careful, the old Stefan shuffled girls and guys quickly, the new Stefan on the other hand seems to want to settle down now, just do be careful", says Dean as Stefan approaches.

"What the hell are you doing here?", says Stefan enraged.

"Just getting to know my brother in law a little better", says Dean.

"Leave now", says Stefan with a dead serious look.

"Okay. I'll leave. See you soon Alex", says Dean to me.

"How about you stay away from him? I don't want the likes of you filling his head with lies", says Stefan.

"When you lie too much it eventually becomes the truth my dear brother", says Dean as he walks away.

"Are you okay?", says Stefan as he kisses my forehead.

"Yes Mr. Brother of Destruction", I smile.

"Oh god. That was so long ago. A phase", says Stefan as he starts laughing.

"I missed you", I say as I kiss him.

"I missed you too babe. Are you okay?", he asks as he wipes the blood off my cheek.

"Yeah I'm okay", I say.

"Tell me what happened", he says.

I tell him what happened as he stood there silent.

"Say something", I say.

"Well I never liked Jessica nor will I ever", says Stefan.

"Yeah she's a bitch", I say.

"Kyle, on the other hand, put his hands on you", says Stefan as he grinds his teeth.

"I hit his girlfriend. I guess it'd be expected for him to throw a tantrum", I say.

"Well your boyfriend is about to throw a tantrum cause he hit my boyfriend", says Stefan.

"No. Just leave it be. I'll talk to Kyle later", I say.

"I don't want you anywhere near him babe", says Stefan as he runs his fingers through my hair.

"You don't have to worry babe. Kyle won't hurt me", I say as I kiss him.

I then put my head on his shoulder as he hugged me. He was so warm. We stood there for about 20minutes as he embraced me. I knew deep down Stefan was a good guy, Kyle was also a good guy, Jessica is a bitch, I'm still neutral on Dean, all signs point bad but my impression of him different.

"Babe I need to get to work. Do you want to come with me or?", asks Stefan.

"I'm gonna head back to the dorms and get some rest", I say.

"Alright, Juliet. I'll walk you home", says Stefan as he takes my hand and smiles.

He really is a gentleman and he has such a kind smile.

"Put an ice pack on that, it'll be swollen in a bit", says Stefan referring to my jaw.

"I will. Thank you", I say as our fingers intertwined.

"You have really soft hands Alex", smiles Stefan.

"And yours is so hard", I tease.

"Will you be okay by yourself? I can check up on you during my break", says Stefan.

"Oh no. I'll be fine. When I get home I'm gonna shower and get some rest", I say as we reach my apartment building.

"I'll see you soon babe", he says as he kisses me on the forehead.

"Have a great day at work", I smile as I let go of him.

I walk inside as Stefan blushed, he wore such a nice smile. It's hard not to blush when I see his smile. So pure and genuine.

I walk into my apartment and headed straight to the shower to wash up. I shower and put boxers on and jumped into bed. My jaw hurt like crazy but I was able to fall asleep. It was 12PM and I went into a deep slumber.

I had a dream that day, a dream that I had long forgotten. I was in a car, my mom was driving and my dad was in the passenger seat, my mom took her eyes off the road for one second and crashed into an oncoming car, the next car was sent flying into the air. My mom hit her head and my dad was injured, I was okay just a little bruised. My mom never fully recovered from that day, it took a lot from her, she was never able to forgive herself, her mental state diminished after that, and she went into depression, my dad couldn't take it anymore and left, leaving me in the care of her. I never knew what happened to the other car, I'd often hear my mom and dad arguing about that which always left my mother breaking down into tears. I never knew the details about what happened. I was about 11.

That dream was too real, it was like a lost memory I had forgotten. I always tried filling in the blanks but couldn't. When I was older my mother said they found me wandering outside the car but I have no memory of it, what exactly happened when I exited the car? No matter how hard I try to remember I never could ...

Will remembering these lost memories drive me insane like it did my mother?