Chapter 40 ~ Distant Promise Land

*Author's Note: The finale has arrived. Thank you so much for sticking with me through this one, this one I hold close to my heart, I guess I know what it's like to lose a loved one to an illness, not HIV but something just as worse, losing them... its a feeling I would never want you to feel, I guess I mirrored those feelings I hid deep down and put them into words. These words are my own. Thank you for your support on Forbidden Love and Fate. Let's send it off with a warm smile :)
~Alexander PoV~

"Daddy hurry up", says Lucas.

"I'm coming son", I sigh.

"Where's mommy?", asks Lucas.

"She's getting Lucy ready", I say to him.

"Why is grandpa not here yet?", asks Lucas as he fusses.

"I don't know Lucas. Go put your shoes on, we'll be late for the memorial service", I say as Lucas retreated to go put his shoes on.

About 30 years passed since that day when I was older mother told me the story of my dad and uncle Alex, it was a beautiful story and it broke my heart knowing it was true, dad always seemed normal to me, I didn't notice how sad he was when Alex died. I guess a part of him died with Alex. I was too young to know better, I would often catch him crying in the corner or sulking outside. It took years but he was back to his old self, it took uncle Angel and Dean to knock some sense into him. They told him if Alex saw him depressed then Alex would be depressed too. He started smiling again and being his usual cheerful self. According to mom, they both fell in love all over again. I guess when one door closes then another one opens.
I had a great childhood because you were there dad, you did so much for me and I love you.

~Dean PoV~
"Angel!", I shout.

"What inbred?", he yells from downstairs.

"Get Logan ready!", I shout.

"In a minute! I'm watching the game!", he shouts.

"Screw the game! Your team sucks anyway", I scream.

"You suck!", he yelled.

"I also swallow!", I yell back.

"Haha, you idiot. I love you", he yells.

"I love you too. Now come on, we'll be late for the memorial service!", I yell.

I get Lucas out of the bathtub and dry him off, Lucas was our grandson, his parents were away for the weekend so me and Angel were taking care of him.
This life has been good to us, i married the man of my dreams and we're living peacefully and happily. My dad and mom passed away a few years back and left me with everything, needless to say, I'm rich now, Angel never changed, he swore to be a working man till the day he dies. I guess some things never change huh?

~Daniel PoV~
"Chase. Get Max ready. We'll be late for the service", I say to Chase as he was finishing up some work.

"Okay, babe. I'm almost finished with these documents", he says to me as he stays focused.

I then go up to him and kissed him which immediately broke his focus.

"I hate when you do that", he says to me.

"It's because I love you", I tease.

This life has been good to us. Even after all these years I'm still a teacher, Chase was a lawyer, he was working in Kyle and Jessica's firm, Angel and Dean gave us their old apartment until we built our dream house. We're all connected to Alex and we've all been great friends. I miss you, Alex, I hope you're looking down on us.