Chapter 18 ~ Consequences

We head into his office to receive my "punishment".

"I don't need to punish you but for the sake of the school, I have to. Jessica won't forgive that slap so easily so I'm going to suspend you for three days.", says Mr. Summers.

"I guess that's reasonable", I say.

"Good. Now gather your things and go straight home, storm out the office all angry so it made her think I yelled at you", says Mr. Summers.

"Alright. Thank you Mr. Summers", I say upon storming out of the office.

Did I seriously just thank this idiot? After what he did to Stefan? I shouldn't be so casually welcoming to him... Why is he even here? Doesn't he have a town to run?

I then notice Kyle standing in the hallway.

"Kyle", I say as he walks up to me.

"You hit my girlfriend?", he says as he punched me and sent me flying straight to the ground.

That was a ferocious punch, it drew blood as my jaw hurt.

"No, you don't understand. I was..", I say before he cut me off.

"I don't give a fuck. You had no right or reason to hit Jessica. Who do you think you are?", he says as I could see Jessica smirking at the doorway.

Kyle raised his voice which brought the attention to the rest of the students, who came out to see me laying on the floor with a bloody mouth. I felt so embarrassed. I immediately shot up and ran straight for the door to get out of this school. I opened and ran, I ran as far as I could.

"I was defending you idiot", I say out of breath as I continue to run.

I didn't even know where I was going. I just ran, I made my way into the forest, trying to remember where The Falls was located.

"Alex? What are you doing here?", I heard a voice say.

I turn my attention to Daniel who was sitting on the rock by the falls. I remember Daniel, here is where we met him and Chase, Chase the adorable naive guy, Daniel the over-protective kind boyfriend.

"Hey, you're bleeding? What's going on?", he says as he makes his way to me.

"My friend punched me", I say.

"That Stefan guy?", he asked.

"No my boyfriend would never hurt me", I say.

"So you two are finally in a relationship. Congratulations", he says.

"Thank you", I say as I hold my jaw.

"What happened? You can talk to me. I'm a good listener", says Daniel as he leads me to the rock as we sit.

"Where's Chase?", I ask.

"At school. Where you should be", says Daniel.

"I got suspended", I say.

"What? How? The school term has just begun", says Daniel.

"I slapped my friend's girlfriend cause she called him a dog on a leash and then my friend punched me for hitting her. I don't regret slapping her, she deserved it", I say.

"Tell me everything that happened", he says.

I tell him what went omitting the part about sleeping with Kyle, I just added that Jessica was blackmailing me.

"Does your friend know his girlfriend is blackmailing you?", asks Daniel.

"No he doesn't, I didn't get a chance to tell him", I say.

"Well, it's given to protect your loved one. I guess he was thinking he was protecting her. He stood up for his girlfriend and you stood up for him. You're both not wrong, the girlfriend is", says Daniel.

"There's no way Kyle will listen to me now", I say.

"You can try, explain to him what went on, if he's your friend then he'll understand", says Daniel.

"Thank you for listening to me rant Daniel", I say as I smile.

"You're very welcome Alex. I hope we can be friends?", he asks.

"Sure, let's be friends", I say.

"Now that we're friends I should tell you something", says Daniel.

"Sure. What is it?", I ask.

"About you're boyfriend. Be careful.", he says.

"Everyone keeps saying that. Does everyone know something I don't?", I ask.

"He just had a bad reputation. That's it really. He seemed to have changed now, he's warmer now with you", says Daniel.

"Did he do something?", I ask.

"It's all just rumors but you shouldn't believe rumors", says Daniel.

"From what I've seen he's a very kind and thoughtful guy, he seems to have a bad past but I think he's looking forward", I say.

"Well, that's good to hear. I'm relieved. I just don't want you getting hurt", says Daniel.

"Thank you for your insight", I smile.

"Indeed. I really must go now, I got to get to work soon", he says as I see him off.

Daniel is a really nice guy, something tells me we'll be great friends.

My phone then started ringing.

Stefan Calling

Stefan: You got suspended?!?

Me: How did you know that?

Stefan: Dean told me. Did my father suspend you because of me?

Me: No I slapped a girl.

Stefan: What? Why would you do that?

Me: She was being a bitch.

Stefan: You can't go around slapping people babe.

Me: She deserved it.

Stefan: Where are you now?

Me: The Falls.

Stefan: Alright I'll be there shortly. See you soon babe.

Me: Alright babe. See you soon.

He then hung up as I sat on the rock waiting for him. I then heard twigs snapping. That was quick. What did Stefan do? Run here?

I look up to see Dean standing by a tree making his way down to me.

Oh no... What is going on now?