Chapter 36 ~ Feelings Hidden in the Heart

~Alex PoV~
I take a deep breath and left the bathroom. I spent 20 minutes in there trying to maintain my composure. I head back outside to see Jessica at the table drinking a glass of wine with a distressed look on her face.

"Alex. Drink with me", says Jessica as she pours me a glass.

"Thank you", I say as I sit with him.

"Are you okay?", she asked.

"Yeah, I am. Where is he?", I ask.

"I sent him to his room. He's been a bad boy", says Jessica.

"He's in time out?", I laughed.

"Yes he is, I'm really sorry, I didn't he would have an outburst like that", says Jessica.

"It's fine. He really does need some help doesn't he?", I sigh.

"He really does. He's not the same anymore", says Jessica as she sighed.

"I'll stay. I really think I can help him. I would give anything to see that smile again. That genuine smile that he wore so well", I say as she smiled.

"Do you still love him Alex?", says Jessica.

"Well ahh...", I say gulping.

"You can be honest Alex. I knew this entire time he never belonged to me.", says Jessica as she smiled.

"I haven't been able to forget him but he doesn't belong to me. He now belongs to you. He has a family now, he has you and little Alexander.", I say to her.

"But he doesn't have that smile", says Jessica.

"I'll do my best", I say as she got up.

"Heading to bed?", I ask.

"Yup. You should get some rest too. The guest room is ready. You can head to bed anytime. Our home is your home", she says to me.

I decided to lay on the couch and watch some tv and eventually fell asleep.

~Kyle PoV~
I lay in bed but couldn't sleep. It was about 2 AM and I was wide awake.

I decided to head downstairs for a glass of water then maybe watch some tv. I'd watch tv here but it'll wake Jessica.

I slowly walk downstairs and headed to the kitchen. With the glass of water in hand, i head to the living room to find Alex asleep on the couch. Looks like he fell asleep while watching tv.

It was a cold night and he just laid there asleep. I went ahead and got a blanket and covered him up.

I don't hate you, I have to admit Alex I did overdo it this afternoon and I do apologize but I never thought I'd see you again. I thought about you a lot since you've been away but you belong in my thoughts, not in my house. It's lovely to see you again but you're just a visitor. I have my family and a future here ...... that's just my excuse isn't it? I'll stick with that for now. I'll keep telling myself that long enough to believe it...

~Alex PoV~
I woke up on the couch the next morning, seems I fell asleep on the couch. I grab it phone and checked the time, it was 9 AM. I then saw Alexander sitting on the floor staring at me.

"Oh no. Did he wake you?", says Dianne as she enters the room.

"Oh, Dianne. You're here", I say to her as she smiled.

"Yes. I house-sit and babysit little Alexander here while Jessica and Kyle are at work", she says to me.

"Where do they work?", I ask.

"Lawyers, my dad gave the firm to them when they got married. Dad was so happy", says Dianne.

"I'm really glad to hear that.", I smile.

"So you're Alex. I've heard so much about you", she says.

"Horrible things?", I say.

"Oh no. I've heard good things about you. Both of them seem to share a strong connection to you", says Dianne as Alexander crawled on the floor.

"I'm gonna brush my teeth and take a shower.", I say to her.

"Have fun", she says to me.

Oh, wait... I don't have a toothbrush... or clothes ... or anything here. All my stuff is back at the hotel.

"Do we have mouthwash? All my stuff is back at the hotel", I say to Dianne.

"It's in the guest bathroom", she says to me.

I headed up there into the guest room and notice my blanket on the bed. If my blanket is here then whose blanket was covering me when I fell asleep on the couch?  Begs the question of who covered me?

I try not to think about it and headed back downstairs.

"Would you like some breakfast?", asked Dianne.

"Sure", she says as she heads to the kitchen as Alexander crawled and grabbed onto my leg.

I picked him up as he laughed. He was so adorable and he looked just like Kyle. A little baby Kyle. He then pulled my hair and wouldn't let go. He was so playful and adorable and he seemed to really like me.

Dianne then returned with eggs and bacon.
She then took Alexander and put him down.

"Let uncle Alex eat his food", she says as Alexander fretted.

He looked so sad. I then pick him up again. Dianne's phone rang as she excused herself to answer it.

Alexander kept pulling on my hair as he laughed. He was so cute.
Dianne then returned in tears as she sniffed.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?", I say as I put Alexander down.

"My dad got a heart attack. I have to go back home, do you mind watching Alexander until Jessica and Kyle come home. They'll be back soon", she says as she sniffs.

"Sure, sure that'll be fine", I say to her as she grabbed her stuff.

"I hope he's okay, be safe", I say to her as she exits.

I was standing there as Alexander looked at me with a confused look on his face. I then picked him up as he smiled and laughed. He then continued tugging on my hair.

"It's just you and me huh buddy?", I say as Alexander purrs.

I was left alone with this little angel until Jessica and Kyle comes home. They should be home very soon, Dianne and Jessica share the same father and Jessica would want to be with her dad, and with her comes Kyle... I do wonder how "well" that would go.