Chapter 27 ~ FATE

Kyle led me into the car as Stefan and Scott laid on the ground of the parking lot.

He drove off as we head home. We headed out and walked through the dorms with the glares of the other sophomores, this was the second time I was coming back here with a bloody face. I felt so embarrassed, they'll probably think I'm sort of delinquent.

"Don't pay any attention to them. Look ahead", says Kyle as he smiles at me and i couldn't help but blush.

We made our way to the apartment as I open the door and we headed inside.

"Take a shower and get that blood off your skin", says Kyle.

"Okay", I say as I head to the dresser to take out some clothes.

Kyle then headed into the shower as he ran the water while I get undressed. I was in my boxers as I head into the bathroom to see Kyle stripping.

"What are you doing?", I ask.

"Gonna shower with you. I'll wipe up your face", says Kyle.

"You don't have to do that", I say embarrassed as he takes his pants off revealing his boxers.

"Who's going to do it for you then?", he asks.

"I can do it myself", I blush.

"You can't see the areas you have to wipe dear", he smiled.

"Okay", I blush.

"Okay here's what we'll do. I won't get in with you, I'll sit outside and wipe your face. Will that be okay?", he says as he smiles.

"Sure", I smile as he leads me in the tub.

The water was warm as he dipped a cloth into it and brushes it against my face as I wince.

"Does it hurt?", he asks.

"Yeah but only a little", I say.

"If you're in pain then hold my hand", says Kyle as he wipes it slowly.

"What did you mean by the power of love?", I ask.

"I asked you once if you believed in fate. I think fate brought us together Alex, as weird as it sounds. I know deep in my heart that I'll never let anything happen to you", says Kyle.

"Have you fallen in love with me Kyle?", I whisper.

"I don't know what my feelings are but I won't let anyone hurt you I may have fallen in love with you Alex", he says to me.

"Isn't falling in love with me bad?", I ask.

"It's fine. I've reached the end-goal of my plan with Jessica, I don't need her anymore. I've found out the truth", he says as he stares at the ground.

"The truth?", I ask.

"I'll explain everything but not now, let me take care of you Alex", he says as he continues to brush my face.

His face got all gloomy and he looked so sad. Instinct took in as I kiss him, he was too in shock to return the kiss.

"What are you doing?", he asks.

"You looked sad so I thought I'd cheer you up.", I say as I bow my head.

"You did well Alex, you just caught me off guard", he says as he raises my head and kissed me.

I then finished washing up as I get out of the shower to get changed as Kyle followed me outside with his clothes. He then went to the fridge as he bought an ice pack for me.

"Lay down", he says to me.

"Let me change", I say to him.

"Just stay in your boxers and lay down on my lap", he says as he sits on my bed.

I do as he says and rests my head on his lap as he puts the ice pack on my face. It hurt but he held my hand the entire time.

"We need to talk Alex but not now, now you rest but soon we'll have to talk", he says to me.

"What do we have to talk about?", I ask.

"The power of love and fate", he teased.

"Funny.", I say to him.

"There's something I have to discuss with you, I may return here", says Kyle as he looks away.

"That's amazing news but why do you look so hesitant", I ask.

"Jessica has something on me and I won't let you find out from her but I'll tell you what it is", he says.

"Why can't you tell me now?", I ask.

"I can't just say it out loud. When I tell you what it is then nothing will be the same", he says as a tear fell out his eye.

"You can tell me anything", I say as I wipe his tear away.

"I know I can. I'll tell you when I come back", he says.

"Where are you going?", I ask.

"There's some stuff I gotta get from the new apartment. You mind if I move back in?", he says to me.

"You don't even need to ask. Your beds still here", I smile with excitement.

"Then it's settled. Fate is on our side right?", I wink at him.

"Yes definitely, apply pressure to the bruised area, I'll return shortly.", he says as he kisses my forehead and gets up and heads to the door.

"Thank you for everything Kyle", I say to him.

"It's nothing. I won't let anything happen to you", he says as he stops by the door.

"I really appreciate it", I say to him.

"Don't mention it", he says

I then immediately get up and run hugging him from the back tightly.

"Is something wrong?", he asked confused.

"Make sure you come back to me you hear", I say as I grip him tighter.

"I'll definitely come back to you", he says as he puts his hand on mine.

"See you soon", I say as I let go.

I then noticed something quite strange... Something I should've noticed before... On the back of his neck was a scar... I then had a flashback to the day I met my father.

"This boy ... Kyle... He has a scar to the back of his neck caused by the accident" was what my father said.

When I thought fate had saved me? It goes around and bites me. This is the same Kyle... The same boy from back then...

Fate makes its next move but this fails in comparison to its final move...