Chapter 28 ~ Tragic

Kyle then closed the door as he made his exit. I stood behind the door as a tear fell out of my eye. Kyle was the boy from back then. My parents killed yours ... I fall to my knees crying. I'm so sorry Kyle. I'm so sorry.

Kyle didn't return that night, he texted me and said he gotta sort some stuff out with Jessica so he'll be staying for a bit. What's up with that?

I couldn't sleep that night, all I could think of was Kyle and how much he probably hurt after that day, he lost his parents, if that accident is stuck in my memory, it may be even worse for him. Maybe Jessica is his release from all that? If that's the case then I don't belong with him. Every day would be a constant reminder of that day. I'm sorry Kyle, I'm doing this for you. I think it's time for me to leave here. I can't face you again ...

My phone then rang. It was a number I didn't know.

"Hello?", I say.

"Hello Alex, this is the doctor from yesterday, could you come back in. There's something I need to discuss with you", he said.

"Sure. I'll be on my way", I say to him.

I showered and got ready. The swelling on my face went down which is good.

My phone then rang again. This time it was Kyle.

"Hey Kyle", I say.

"Hey, Alex. I got caught up again. I'll be home soon. Okay?", says Kyle.

"Alright.", I say choking up.

"Are you okay?", asks Kyle.

"Yeah I'm fine, just a little tired", I say as endless tears fall out my eyes.

"Okay. I'll see you soon", says Kyle as I hang up.

I cannot face you, Kyle. If you only knew I was the son of the people who killed your parents... I can't bear the thought of you looking at me like that. I can't risk sending you into a downward spiral the best decision is for me to leave here and never look back.

I wiped my tears and headed to the hospital to meet the doctor.

..................

"Hey", I say as the doctor brought me to an examination room.

"Hey, Alex. I'm afraid I have some bad news", says the doctor.

"What's is it?", I ask gripping my jeans.

"The blood test came back. I'm sorry to inform you that you have been tested positive for HIV", says the doctor with hurt on his face.

"What?", I say as my voice begins to shake.

"I'm terribly sorry, have you had any sexual relations during the past week?", he asks.

"I'm... I can't do this right now", I say getting up.

"Alex. No. Come back!", he tells as is storm out.

I was in pure shock. I ran out of the examination so fast I knocked a nurse down but I kept running.

At the reception desk stood Scott as I freeze up.

He then saw me as I stand there holding back a tear. He then walked towards me.

"Please Scott. Not now", I say choking up as he stood right beside me.

"He gave it to you to huh?", says Scott as he also choked up.

"Don't tell me ...", I say as the words couldn't come out.

"I'm a big fan of condoms, we always wore one but about a month ago Stefan and I were having sex and the condom broke but we kept going.. and now", says Scott as he cried.

"Stefan has HIV..", I say choking up.

"Yes. I'm so sorry Alex", he says as he broke down crying.

I couldn't take it. I couldn't believe this. I ran out of the hospital so fast. I got into my car and drove straight to the apartment. I go in and slam the door so hard. My mouth shivered and my body shook. I stand there trembling.

I then take my phone out and made a call.

....

"Son, hey what's up?", says my dad.

"Daddy.", I say as I burst out crying.

"Hey. What's wrong?", he says.

"I'm coming home", I say to him as I bawled my eyes out.

.........

I packed my bags so fast taking everything I need. I calmed down a bit as I finished packing.

My phone then rang. It was from Kyle.

"Ky... Kyle", I say softly.

"Hey, Alex. I'm on my way", he says.

"Okay...", I say to him as the tears came flowing back out.

"Hey what's wrong? Are you okay?", asked Kyle.

"I'm so sorry Kyle!! I'm so sorry!", I say crying over the phone.

"Alex. What's going on your scaring me. Take a deep breath. I'll be there soon", he says.

"I'm so sorry", I say as I hang up.

I then raise my phone high into the air as I take a deep breath and smash it hard on the floor as it broke to pieces.

I opened the door as I take one last look at the apartment. I couldn't stop crying. Why did it turn out this way?

I slowly close the door and made my way downstairs as the sophomores looked at me as the tears rolled down my face. I reach the bottom of the stairs as I see Angel and Dean.

"Alex. Where are you going?", asked Angel.

"Home", I say as I walk past them and head outside.

"Wait, Alex. We need to take you to the doctor. Scott told me something troubling this morning, do you mind if we take you for a blood test", says Dean as I stopped.

"I took the blood test yesterday and got the result today", I say as I turn around to face them as they had this shocked sad look on their face.

"I'm so sorry.", says Angel as his expression turned so sad.

"I should've told you all the rumors about Stefan back then but I could've sworn he changed. I'm really sorry Alex", says Dean as he held back from crying.

"It's fine. I don't think I would've believed you back then", I say still crying.

"Are you coming back?", asks Angel.

"I'm afraid I'm not", I say.

"What about Kyle? He's grown so attached to you", says Angel.

"I think it's best to leave him behind. I don't want to involve him in any of this, I don't want to bring him any more bad luck", I say.

"Did you tell him goodbye?", asked Angel.

"I can't face him", I say crying as my lip trembled.

"If you leave now he will never forgive you Alex", says Angel.

"I hope so", I say as I turn around and head to my car.

I hope he never forgives me, I hope one day he can move on from this, I hope he lives a long and happy life, I hope he gets married and has amazing children to take care of him when he's older. Having me around will only slow you down Kyle, I can never look at you the same again when I see you. I'll see the boy from back then, if one day you find out the truth of who I am, I hope you can move past that and live your life the way you deserve. You deserve to be happy Kyle.

After I lost my mom I felt so empty but you lost them both and at such a very young age. You grew up without a mother or a father, I'm solely to blame for that. I remember it, I distracted mother that day, I was the reason your parents died... This is my penance...

I'm so sorry Kyle... This is goodbye.