Chapter 13 ~ Simplicity

"Angel. Would you like some Chinese food?", I ask.

"Oh no, dear. I'm just here to pick up some documents from my office.", he says to me.

"Are you going to head back now", says Stefan.

"Yep. I came to check up on you but now that Alex is here I won't have to worry but please don't have sex in the walk-in freezer. I have a sanitation inspector coming next week", he teased.

"Alright. I'll do my best", I laugh as he exits.

"Sorry about Dean. My family is a pain", he says.

"He seems protective", I say.

"He truly is. I guess he always thinks of me as his little brother.", says Stefan as he eats.

"Yeah. You're a big boy", I say as I gave him a kind stare.

"Thank you, Alex. I'm really glad you showed up. It can give me something to focus on", he says as he blushes.

"Yeah I thought I'd surprise you", I say.

"It was. Angel is the only one that has ever brought me lunch but he does that for all his workers when we're working overtime", he says.

"I feel special.", I say.

"You are", he says.

We both had lunch together, talking and I guess getting to know each other better.

"Where are your parents Alex?", he asks.

"My dad left when I was younger, my mom passed away about a year ago.", I say.

"Oh I'm sorry, my condolences.", he says as he gave me that depressing look again.

"Are you sure you don't wanna talk about it?", I say.

"Yeah I'll be okay", I say as we finish up eating.

"Shall we get started with inventory?", I say.

"Indeed. Would you help me bring some boxes up from storage? The vodka is running low", he says.

We then head downstairs as he unlocked the door. We both grab two boxes and carried them upstairs. He then headed behind the bar and grabbed two glasses.

"What would you like to drink sir?", he asks.

"Are we allowed to?", I say.

"Yes dear.", he says.

"Vodka and cranberry juice?", I say.

"Vodka and Cranberry coming right up for the good sir", he says as he pours the drink.

He then put some music on as we sipped our drinks.

"Music always helps enlighten the day", he says as he starts dancing.

"I agree", I say following his lead.

All Time Low from Jon Bellion played as we danced, it had a great hook and an electronic beat. We danced together. It was fun as we drink enjoying each other's embrace. We started packing the alcohol behind the bar as we danced and sang. I do enjoy these things, simple. We found joy at that moment by doing something so simple.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend Alex?", he asks.

"Yeah, I've had 1. Have you?", I asked.

"Yeah I had 2", he says.

"Have you had sex?", he asks.

"Yeah, I have. Have you?", I reply.

"Yes, I have. What do you enjoy doing Alex? What are your hobbies?", he asked as he packed the vodka.

"Simplicity. Yesterday at the Falls and today dancing with you. I'm a simple guy, I can find joy in everything, as for my hobbies, well I like reading, watching movies and dancing when no one is watching", I say.

"Then we'll get along just fine. Do you have any future plans?", he asks.

"My goal is to be a doctor. I'm gonna do a degree in medicine when school starts next week.", I say.

"That's amazing. Why do you want to be a doctor Alex?", he asks.

"To save people. The doctors couldn't save my mom, she had incurable cancer to the brain. I've made my mind up to find a cure and save as many lives as possible", I say.

"That's really heroic Alex, I'm proud of you", he says.

"Do you have any future plans Stefan?", I ask.

"Well, I was kicked out of school last year. I was doing a Bachelors' Degree in Psychology, there was one month left and all I had to do was take the final exam and I was done but I was kicked out", he says.

"Why were you kicked out", I ask.

"You'll see on the first day of school", he sighs.

'Was it drugs?', I ask.

"No dear. I'm afraid it's not something so simple", he says.

"It's complicated?", I say.

"Yes. Very much so", he smiles.

"Well you're not too old to go back to school", I say.

"Yeah. I can't go to school here. I'll have to go somewhere else. That's the future plan, save up enough money so I can get out of this place", he says.

"You truly hate this place?", I ask.

"I really do", he sighs.

"It'll be alright", I say as I kiss his forehead.

"I've always struggled to find something to keep me occupied so I dive into work but since I met you I've been able to focus on you", he says as I blush.

"You're a great guy, you deserve every ounce of happiness", I say.

"I've always believed that one day, all the love you've given away will find its way back to you and this time it'll finally stay", he says as he smiles.

"That was beautiful Stefan", I smile.

He then gave me a nice kiss on the lips as I blush. He had such soft lips. His breath was so warm. He was a passionate kisser.

Something told me I could trust him. He had such a warm nature and gave out such love. The type of love that I've been searching for but something tells me his complications might be a little more than I bargained for...