Chapter 29 ~ Memoirs'

~Kyle PoV~

I had that same dream. The same one I've been having all my life. The accident. It still haunts me and I can't move past that until I face it head-on but it's so hard to.

There I was again, the paramedics were taking me to the hospital but why did they separate me from my parents? There were three ambulances there from what I remember. We didn't leave yet, the man just told me to sit here. I heard screaming and crying outside which scared me. I held onto my brown bear so tight to drown the voices out. Before I knew it I was at the hospital.

The doctors were running all these tests on me. I didn't even know why.

"Where's my mommy?", I cry but none of them would answer me.

"He didn't seem to take any significant damages. Take him to the playroom. The other one is there", says the doctor to the nurse.

"Let's go to the playroom", smiled the nurse as the doctor looked at me as his mouth trembled.

"I don't wanna go to the playroom. I want my mommy", I say crying.

"You're mommy is coming soon. Now be a good boy and wait in the playroom for her okay?", says the nurse biting her lip.

She then took me into the playroom. There were two other kids there, a boy and a girl. The girl was playing and running around but the little boy stood sitting quietly on the chair. I then went and sat next to him as he looked at me. He was eating a chocolate bar which reminded me I was hungry. He looked about the same age as me, he ate his chocolate and swung his legs as he continued to stare at me.

"You want chocolate?", he says.

"Yes please", I say hungry.

He broke half of the bar and gave it to me.

"I like your bear. What's his name?", he asks.

"Brandon", I say as I eat the chocolate.

"That's a nice name", he says.

"Brandon was my little brother, mommy says he singing with the angels", I say.

I didn't know what the term meant back then but now I do.

"I have a white bear. It's named Winter", he says.

"Where'd you get that scar?", I ask pointing to the small scar on his neck.

"When I was a little boy I fell", he said as he finished his chocolate.

It was a small scar, barely noticeable unless you were looking. The nurse then came through the door as she walked up to him.

"Alexander. Let's go now", says the nurse.

"I'm glad to see you're okay, I was a little worried after seeing you and it was nice to see you Brandon", he says to me and my bear.

Why was he acting so familiar with me? His voice sounded like the voice of the boy that pulled me out of the car. I was so out of it and my vision was blurry. I wonder if that was the same little boy that pulled me out of the car?

I wondered about that a lot but it would impossible. There were five hospitals in that area, what are the chances we'd end up in the same one, was he just some random boy or was he that boy?

I stood there and waited on my mom and dad but they never came... The one that did come was a lady who put me in a foster home. I was told my parents passed away and when I reach the age of 18, I'll receive my inheritance from them.

When I was 9 I was at the market with my foster parents and I saw him again, Alexander, when I was 10 I saw him again, I always try calling out to him but he couldn't hear me.

"Thank you for the chocolate" was all I wanted to say to him.

This life has been hard on me, ever since I was a little boy, ever since that fateful day. The day that changed everything.

When I was 15 a man visited me and told me they were driving the opposing car that hit my parent's car. I hit that man so hard I dislocated his nose. He came to visit me time and time after that but I'd always yell at him and try to hit him. I will never forgive him. He told me his wife was driving the car but she passed away, I guess he was trying to do a good deed by seeing me.

I made up my mind to become a lawyer, my sole goal was to put people like them away forever, to protect the world from people like them. I've grown to realize that it was something you couldn't predict the outcome of, no matter how hard you try you could never stop it completely.

Further along the years, my hatred dispersed completely. I was only able to find peace for a little while. Then I hit 18, that's when I met Jessica, her father was my parent's lawyer. He told me he would bring justice to the people who took my parents from me. For years he searched but couldn't find a trace of them, they moved and there were no traces of them left. I used Jessica to get whatever information I could.

Years passed and we finally had a solid lead but was a dead trail. I spent all this time using Jessica and her father, maybe I did it for justice, maybe I did it for closure, somewhere along the line I lost my reason. Jessica fell in love with me but I couldn't fall in love with her. She was a nice girl but somewhere along the line, she changed. Years passed and I was in too deep to let go now. Do I want closure or do I want justice? I had to choose.

I enrolled in college and I headed into the opening ceremony, a fresh start. It was that fateful day that I saw him again. The boy I could never forget. At first, he was just a random late comer who fell right down the stairs and landed at the bottom.

I burst out laughing at such an idiot, that's when I saw it, that tiny scar on his neck. It was Alexander. I invited him over to sit with me but he didn't remember me. Who could blame him, about 16 years had passed. Why would he remember some random little boy he gave chocolate to when he was 7.

You were never able to remember me Alex but after all these years, I was never able to forget you.