Chapter 32 ~ Gift

A week had passed since my rest and rehabilitation. The doctor said I improved a lot more than she imagined, I was allowed to leave the hospital for a day out. It was my birthday and my dad wanted to throw me a party. I didn't really want a party but he said it'll be a good change of pace for me.

I waited at the hospital for my father's arrival to take me home. It was about 4 PM when he arrived. I went with him back home. I notice my aunt's car here along with other cars. It was strange. I didn't know anyone around here.

"Wait outside. I'll tell you when to come in", says my father as he hurries inside.

What is he planning? I was curious now. A few minutes later he came to the door.

"You can come in now!", he yelled as he closed the door.

I slowly walk to the door snd slowly opened.

"Surprise!", everyone yelled as confetti flew into the air.

"Awhh", I say laughing.

It's not a surprise party of you know about it right?  I see my aunt and her boyfriend there but what caught my attention was her ...... There she stood in the middle with that evil glimmer in her eye. It was from Jessica.

"What are you doing here?", I ask as I walk up to her.

"Well I've never apologized for being a bitch to you", she says as she smiled.

"You came all this way to apologize to me?", I ask confused.

"I brought you a gift", she says.

"A gift?", I ask.

"Since you couldn't come home I decided to bring home to you", she says.

"I am home?", I say confused.

"Your home was at our apartment", says a voice behind me as I slowly turn around.

I then turn around to see Kyle and he wasn't alone. Angel, Dean, Daniel, and Chase was with him.

"What... what's going on? ", I say as a tear escapes my eye.

"We're here to take you home", says Kyle as he smiled.

"I can't forgive myself for what I did to you", I say gulping as he walked up to me.

"You saved me from the darkness. I thought it would be best to leave you alone and give you the space you need but I'm too selfish. I've decided to free you from your darkness. You did the same for me now it's my turn", he says as he hugs me.

I then immediately start crying. I never thought I'd see him again. He's right here! He's right in front of me, holding me tight.

"Why would you ever forgive me after what I did to you", I whisper in his ear.

"Because I love you Alex", he whispers back as I stop crying.

"You could forgive me but I can't forgive me", I say as I look at him.

"I won't leave you, Alex, no matter what", says Kyle as he smiles at me.

Why is he smiling right now? He should be mad at me so why is he smiling like that.

"Don't hog him to yourself", says Angel as he pushes Kyle aside.

"Hey", says Kyle as he sighs.

"Hey you, how have you been?", says Angel with that devilish smile.

"I'm doing well", I say as he hugs me.

"Hey Alex", says Dean.

"Hey Dean", I smile...

"I hope you're not mad that we came? ", says Chase all shyly as he hid behind  Daniel.

"Dean is a good friend of mine", says Daniel.

"I'm really glad you're all here", I say as I start crying.

"Awh don't cry", says Chase as he hugs me.

"I'm just so happy", I say.

I truly was happy. It was a while since I felt this way. The past year had been so gloomy and depressing and now at this very moment, I feel so overjoyed.

I then look away to see Kyle standing on the terrace watching the ocean.

"I'll be back", I say as I go on the terrace to join him.

"You know about my illness?", I say to him as he bit his lip.

"Yes, I'm so sorry this is all happening to you", he says as he holds my hand.

"It's not your fault", I say to him.

"It was. If it wasn't for me then you wouldn't have met Stefan", he says as a tear runs down his cheek.

"It's fine", I say to him as I stare at the ocean.

"Stefan passed away last month", he says catching my attention.

"And Scott?", I ask.

"Scott is doing well. He's normal according to Dean", says Kyle.

"So I'm next to die huh?", I sigh.

"Don't say that", whispers Kyle as he grips my hand tight.

"It's inevitable Kyle. I didn't want to put you through any of this", I say to him.

"I could've helped you but you left... you left me alone", says Kyle as his voice breaks.

"I'm so sorry", I say to him.

"I won't leave you alone Alex. We'll do this together", he says as he looks at me.

"I can't put you through this Kyle. I will die one day and you will be alone and I don't want that", I say to him.

"I don't care. All that matters is today and the decisions we make in the present.", says Kyle.

"The present affects the future", I say to him.

"I love you Alex", he says as his breaks.

"And I love you enough to not put you through something like this", I say.

"What are you saying?", he says as he cried.

"We can't be together. As much as my heart wants you... What it'll do to you, later on, is what's tearing me apart.", I say as I brush his cheek.

"I don't care what happens to me in the future. I won't leave you alone", he says to me.

"But I care about what happens to you in the future.", I say as he cried.

Kyle's tears are what was affecting me the most. He doesn't deserve to cry. I can't give you forever Kyle. I can be temporary just because I may not be here for very long. It's all a game of chance and I'm losing. I can't die knowing I'm leaving you behind, what'll happen to you then? I know you well enough to know how much this is going to hurt you when I go.
I'm really sorry Kyle but we can't be together.