Chapter 22 ~ The Boy Back Then

Stefan fell asleep in my arms as I wake him up and headed to his bedroom where we both fall asleep. My dream that night was beckoning. A dream... or a memory?

After the car crash, I wake up to find my mother and father unconscious. I crawl out the window and ended up at the side of the road, I see the other car flipped over to the side and it sounded like a child was crying.

"Mommy!!!", the boy yelled and screamed.

I get up to find my foot was cut, I held my foot as curiosity led me to the next car, as my blood dripped on the grass of that cold night, I peer inside the car to find blood on the windshield and a little boy and a girl in the backseat. The girl was unconscious but the boy was wide awake as he yelled out to me.

"Help me", he cried.

I crawl into their car and helped the boy out of it, his clothes were covered in blood, he struggled out of the car as I held his hand and led him through the window. He then hugged me and cried his eyes out. I then notice he had a deep cut on the back of his neck. After a while, the boy stopped crying... He then stopped moving.

"Hey... Wake up", I say to him but he didn't move.

His hand then fell to the ground as he laid there in my arms. He didn't move nor speak. He was either unconscious or ... dead.

I was turn jolted awake as I woke up sweating and breathing heavily. Tears were falling from my eyes. That boy... He died that day but what of his family?

I realized it was already morning. It was 8 am and Stefan was nowhere to be found. I then found a note saying he went to work early. I decided to use his shower and head back to my apartment. Stefan left me a key.

I made my way back to my apartment to find boxes by the door. I enter the apartment to see Kyle and Jessica packing up some stuff.

"What's going on?", I ask.

"I'll let you guys talk. I'm gonna head downstairs", says Jessica as she left the apartment.

"Kyle. What's going on", I ask.

"I'm moving in with Jessica", he says.

"I thought boys and girls weren't supposed to share the same rooms?", I ask.

"It won't be in the dorms. We found an apartment uptown not too far from school", he said as he gulped.

"You're leaving me?", I say.

"No Alex. I'll never leave you, I'll see you at school and we'll hang out whenever", he says.

"I don't want you to go Kyle", I say.

"I know buddy", he says as he hugs me.

I couldn't deal with this right now, I darted out of the apartment and headed downstairs where I saw Jessica talking to some guy.

"I win", says Jessica.

"What are you talking about?", I ask.

"I've taken Kyle completely away from you, next is to make sure he cuts all ties with you", says Jessica as she smiles.

"Why are you doing this?", I ask.

"Aww. Don't tell me you've fallen in love with my boyfriend... Well too bad cause he's already spoken for", says Jessica.

I wanted to slap the bitch down again but that'll just create more problems so I walked away and headed into my car and drove. I didn't know where I was going so I just drove.

I made my mind and decided to head home. Since my mother died, my aunt has been staying there, I decided to go there.

It took about three hours but I finally arrived. I then got out of my car and knocked on the door.