Chapter 1

“Annabelle, come on now! Do you want to go, or do you want to miss it?” My mom yelled from the basement.  I sighed.  I hate being rushed, normally I’m the first one up, but I couldn’t sleep last night out of excitement.

“Yes Mom, I want to go. I’ll be ready soon.” I look myself over in the mirror once more. I wouldn’t say I’m incredibly attractive, but there are some things I like about myself. Like, my hair for instance. It’s very dark brown, with some natural lighter brown highlights. I have that sideswept look,  and some layers, but nothing big. It’s sort of curly, but not too bad. It’s just hair, but I like it because it almost always does what I tell it. My eyes are light blue today, but sometimes they’re green, or brown, depending on my mood. I’m excited today, so the bright color doesn’t surprise me. I’m tall, so I chose to wear flats with the white dress I’m wearing. It has an eyelet pattern, and is loose and strapless. I put a brown belt around the place where it starts to loosen, right below my chest. I didn’t go too out there. My makeup is the usual, not a lot. A little eyeliner and sparkle to my eye, and some light foundation. I decided I looked alright, and started to walk downstairs.

“Honey, you are going to a concert. Not your wedding, it doesn’t take 2 hours to get ready!” I just smiled. My mom never got the thrill of being in love with someone you’d never met. The thrill of meeting them is enough to keep someone up for days. I love it.Today is my first One Direction concert.

Now, maybe you aren’t familiar with the band One Direction. You should be, but maybe you aren’t. It’s a boy band, 5 boys. They all sing. The names of these boys are Zayn, Liam, Harry, Louis, and Niall. Of all of them, Niall is my favorite. I love his voice, his looks, what I know of his personality, just about all of him. Not to say I don’t love them all, because I would trade anything to know any of them personally, Niall is just my favorite.

“Anna, pay attention. We’re already running late. Out the door!” My mom ushers me out the door, but I avoid her hands, and run back upstairs. “What are you doing?” My mom yells up the stairs.

“Forgot my purse! Do you have the camera?” I yell while I’m searching frantically for the purse I packed last night. I put water, a little makeup (just in case), my digital camera, and my phone and iPod in there. Nothing but what I thought I would need.

“I have your camera. And your purse. Let’s go!” She yells. We have a professional camera, but I’m letting her carry that, because she won’t bring in a purse. And this way she can take the really good pictures.

“Alright, alright. Let’s go!” I walk out the door, and she follows behind me. I am immediately bit by the sharp New York wind, but I force myself to ignore it. The concert is indoors anyways.

Now, it may seem like I’m making a big deal about a concert. Which is great, but not too terribly huge, especially in a town like New York. But, this isn’t just a concert. Not for me anyways. I have a meet and greet, and backstage passes for after the concert. I get to hang one on one with One Direction! I’m the ONLY one with a backstage pass. The other girl that had one got the flu and couldn’t come. I feel super bad for her, I know I would have probably killed myself, or come anyways. But she didn’t want to get them sick. Can you imagine though, the thrill of spending one on one time with your idols? It’s exciting, my mom just doesn’t get it.

The arena is about an hour away, so I put my headphones in and look out the window. Letting the butterflies in my stomach fly around silently.

We pulled up to the arena about 20 minutes early. “Annabelle, stop being so squirrelly, you are going to scare them away,” my mom joked. I was jumping around, and pacing a little.

“Yes, mom. I know. I’m simply excited.” I have this way of talking to my mom. It’s reserved, and more mature. I think it’s because in a lot of ways I am more mature than her, especially in certain aspects. I feel the need to talk to her like an adult, even if she doesn’t always act like one.