Chapter 17

NIALL’S POINT OF VIEW

*2 WEEKS LATER*

I watched Anna and Nia talk animatedly. They had become really close friends in the past two weeks, and were both incredibly upset. Tomorrow morning Nia was leaving. Now, Nia didn’t know it, but we were throwing her a surprise going-away party tonight, so Anna was trying to talk her into getting ready for a girls night out.

“But, what if Liam wants me here?” Nia asked, throwing me a look. I could tell she didn’t like that I was in here, but I was part of plan B. Which involved dragging her into her room and locking her there until she came out dressed up.

“I’ve already made sure it was okay. I want to leave in about an hour, can you get ready that fast?” Anna asked. Nia sighed and nodded.

“Yeah, I’ll go get ready. You’re getting ready too, right?” Nia asked. Anna let out a squeal of delight and hugged her, nodding to answer her question. I laughed, and walked up to our room, knowing Anna would be there momentarily to get ready. We had slept together every night, but nothing has happened. I don’t think they will, but I can’t help hoping. She leaves in four days. I sighed. We went out and ate almost every night, but a few times we stayed in while the rest of them left and watched cheesy movies. We ate popcorn and fell asleep with each other on the couch, waking up when the boys came in at all sorts of ungodly hours. I had such a great time, and was falling for her more and more every day. Anna walked in, and I blushed slightly, wondering what she would think if she know what I was thinking.

“What are you blushing about?” She asked, walking in slowly. I was sitting on the bed, staring blankly at the door.

“Nothing, I was zoning out.” I said, standing up and hugging her. She laughed.

“Thinking about me, no doubt.” She mumbled into my shirt. I laughed and nodded slightly, thinking she wouldn’t notice. “I knew it!” She taunted, pulling away. “I’ve got to get ready. This is a big deal!” She said, walking towards the bathroom. “See you in an hour.” She said, shutting the door. I hated that she never let me watch her get ready, but I guess it’s understandable. I laid down on the bed, thinking about getting a power nap in while I waited for the shower to open up.

“Niall. You should probably take a shower.” Anna said, shaking me awake. “You’ve got 15 minutes.” She said, kissing my forehead lightly. I feel the lip gloss sitting on my forehead, and instinctively wiped it off. “I knew you were awake!” She said. I could hear her doing a little victory dance, and decided to get up. I opened my eyes, rubbing them as I sat up. I looked at her, smiling. She was a goofball, but she managed to make it look incredible. She was wearing a tight metallic purple dress, strapless, that ended at mid thigh. It was scrunched in places after her waist, and it looked incredible. She straightened her hair, and had on minimal makeup. I could tell just by that that she planned on dancing. I smiled again.

“You look great.”  I mumbled, kissing her softly. “And-”

“Taste great too.” she finished, giggling. I say that every time she wears her favorite lip gloss, but I can’t help it. It tastes like coconuts and pineapple. That’s pretty incredible. “Now go get a shower. We can’t be late. We’re carrying the person the party is being thrown for.” I laughed and walked towards the bathroom, taking a quick shower and changing. I was wearing a purple shirt (Anna picked it out to compliment her dress) and black jeans and silver hi tops. I didn’t even have to look to know Anna was wearing hers as well. Anytime she picked them out for me, she had them on too. I walked out the door and grabbed her around the waist.

“Ready?” I asked, grabbing her purse and handing it to her.

“Yes sir!”

“I like that. You gonna call me sir more often?” I joked, pushing her lightly with my hip.