Chapter 20

ANNABELLE’S POINT OF VIEW

The arena was filled front to back with candles. Upon closer inspection, I noticed tulips on either side of the walkway to the stage. My hand went to my mouth wordlessly. I saw Niall sitting on the edge of the stage, and slowly started walking towards him, completely in shock. I looked down at my feet, seeing a little card sitting on the floor. I bent down and picked it up, noticing one every other row.

The way your eyes twinkle when you smile.

The way you laugh with your head tipped back slightly.

The way you always wake me up in the morning.

The way you look at me when you think I’m not paying attention (I am.(: ).

The way you blush anytime someone compliments you.

The way you stay up and think at night.

The way you read books faster than I skim through a magazine.

How clever you are.

The way you put up with Harry.

The way you put up with all of us, actually.

The way you’re staring at me right now.

The way that dress hits your curves, perfectly.

The way tears fall down your face.

The way you get to me.

The fact that I feel like I’ve known you forever.

The way you smile.

You’re easy confidence.

How strong you are.

The way you are going to run into my arms after reading this, because I’m out of rows.

I continued to read them all, before running to him, tears silently running down my face. He was in a tux, and through my tears I kissed him, thinking about how attractive he probably looks. If only I could see him through the tears. Out of nowhere, all of the lights turned on and the intro to Everything About You started. I stared at Niall, dumbfounded. He nodded, laughing softly at me. The four remaining boys came out on stage and pulled us both up the stairs. I continued to stare as Niall was handed a microphone, and the five of them serenaded me.

You know I’ve always got your back girl…

Niall grabbed me as the boys continued to sing. I smiled and kissed his forehead, before he went back and continued to sing. To me. 

When they finished Niall grabbed me, setting me down on the stage before sitting beside me. “You look beautiful, Belle.” He said, looking at my tear streaked face. Yeah, I’m sure I looked great. I smiled anyways, looking down at the ground.

“Thanks. You look pretty alright, yourself.” I said, eying his tux fully for the first time. It was white, with a light pink trim that matched my dress perfectly. He had to have had it made specially.

“Why, thank you.” Niall said, standing up and grabbing my hand. My dress came up a little, showing off my silver hi-tops. “Nice choice of shoes.” He chuckled, pulling me close.

“Um, we’re going to go. Don’t stay out too late.” Harry mumbled, ushering the boys off the stage. Music was still playing in the background, all slow songs. Clever.

“Will you dance with me, Annabelle?” Niall asked, pulling me to the center of the stage. I nodded as he pulled me close again.

“Why me?” I mumbled, mostly to myself. Niall chuckled softly as he pulled me back in from a spin.